Where to go in Central Oregon?

N
neverbackdown7
Where are some good spots to try in the Bend, Redmond, and Sisters areas for catch & release rainbow and brown trout? I want to spend a weekend trying new spots but don't have an extensive knowledge of the area. Thanks!

G
grizzlynitemare
If you're looking to bank fish, try South Twin Resort. Small recreational lake with tons of trout in there.
If you have a boat, Crane Prairie is good for Bows and Brooks. Wickiup is good for Browns. And I have heard East Lake and Paulina are good for both Bows and Browns as well, but I have never fished them myself.
There are also quite a lot of Brooks and some decent Browns in the Deschutes.
Best of luck in your adventures.

F
fish face
Where to go? Where not to go should be the question. Central Oregon has a lot of cascade lakes like Elk Lake, Lava Lake, Cultus, and the list goes on. Personally, I like Wikiup, but then again I like kokanee (which you cannot catch and release). Have fun and good luck.

J
JeannaJigs
One word. Deschutes.

C
cpeaslee
H
hydropsyche
Its been a little slow around here deschutes below bend is starting to heat up. Mecca will be open before the end of the month. Crooked is high but fishable the fall has been lousy all winter. Metolious is still slow for bows a few bulls and I managed to catch a few brown's up high (alingham bridge) few weeks ago there are some bulls around too. most native rainbows are spawning right now but in a week or so it will be game on. May will be an excellent month for fishing over here with the light snow pack and warm weather offering a lot of access to the cascade lakes area and beyond.

S
steelhead_slayer
Crooked river just dropped some and is a good choice having a multiple fish day

S
sapo
Devil's lake (the central oregon one by Sunriver) is a great place to go, loaded with trout.

R
_RJ_
Metolius and crooked river are good right now. I was at the metolius by allingham bridge and caught several trout. The crooked around MP 15-18 is good too.

S
steelhead_slayer
I take back my suggestion, because having gone to the crooked this morning who would want to hook fish every cast.

S
sunsalem
Crane and Lava are good early season bets.
Best to check ahead to make sure Lava is accessible yet.

J
JimBob
There is not a bad answer to this question. If it's wet it likely has trout in it!