Where to bass fish

S
samaki
I sold my boat last year where can I go bass and crappie bank fishing in the surrounding area of Eugene within 20 miles

J
jadleybray
I'd do a quick search here, I recall reading about ponds scattered throughout the area. Shouldn't be hard to find

tbrinks
tbrinks
samaki said:
I sold my boat last year where can I go bass and crappie bank fishing in the surrounding area of Eugene within 20 miles

Everything I have heard points to Fall Creek reservoir. Haven't fished it yet, but it looks great on the map.

Nautical Charts
fall1.jpg

SonarCharts
fall2.jpg

Reactions: Raincatcher
C
coyo7e
samaki said:
I'm a bit burnt-out on bass myself however I keep hearing that nearly any shallow, muddy hole can have some bass hanging around in it. If you can't hear frogs from a pond, then the bass probably et em all up sometime ago.. ;)

Are the ponds along Goodpasture Island Rd legal? I've heard you can get bass from the river going in and out of Fern Ridge as well, just make sure you aren't too near that fish ladder or w/e.

I heard of the ponds near Bartlett on NW Expressway having bass as well but I think at least one of them is off-limits. I know a lot of the ponds near Cottage Grove are full of bass because I caught a few as a kid and transplanted it into a new pond dug near the Z&W gravel pits however, that's mainly on private property. There were a lot of muddy ponds at the end of Delight Valley Sch. Rd N., but I dunno the status of the property and fish anymore - the water was only suitable for bass and bluegill though.

Also there's the Bond Butte ponds north of Eugene - go through Corvallis along the farm roads toward I-5 to find it. It's kind of trashy and has shoddy bank-fishing oppos that I could spy without trespassing, as it looking to be 3/4 surrounded by barbed wire.. :( If you have something to float though, I bet you can catch some bass without much trouble.

Last edited:
F
FishforBrent
Bond butte is open to the public I fish there often form the middle peninsula catch blue gill and a few small bass

Reactions: Raincatcher
S
Stradic2000
blue lake.

W
wils
When I was in SoCal, rumor had it that many of the golf course lakes had bass in them. It was also rumored that senkos and poppers worked well.