Where is best for fishing from the bank? Suggestions?

C
caspian71
I've only been trout fishing a handful of times, but I'm all set to go this week-end and I'm ready to catch some trout!! Any suggestions for where I should fish if it's from the bank? I'm hoping to find a quiet spot away from others where I can take my time and spend the day.

I fished at Lost Lake a week or so ago, so I'm hoping to find something a new spot. I was looking at Clear Lake, but I'm concerned that the water level is too high right now.

All suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

T
TTFishon
Not sure how far you're willing to drive or where you're located but the upper Mckenzie River is hot right now for hatchery trout.

C
caspian71
Thanks! I'm willing to drive an hour or two. I'm located in Portland. I've never used a spinning reel on a river (only fly, and I haven't got any fly fishing gear yet). Any ideas about lakes?

T
TTFishon
Have you thought about giving Hagg lake a try?

S
Spydeyrch
You could also try the Wilson. Plenty of trout in that river. I haven't ever really fished it with spinners though. But good luck!!

So do you fly fish or have you just tossed a fly around a few times? :think: Welcome to the forum!!! :D

-Spydey

D
dangerranger
You said you fished lost lake... you should try the Nehalem River. Good trout fishing I have cought them with spinners and flies. If i remember right... double check though you can keep 2 fish per day and use bait during parts of the year. Also lots of crawdads in it. Right in spruce run park there is some nice water and the road follows next to the river for a long ways past. And.. if you strike out there.. lost lakes only about 15 min away! good luck!