What type of glue????? Please help

J
jabs67
Ok so i need to replace one of the eyes on my fly rod and i need to know what glue to use. Any help on this would be great.

Jeff

L
Logger707
If your going to re wrap an entire guide use an epoxy like flex coat or pro kote

J
jabs67
Thanks. Is there somthing i can get at fred myers?????

L
Logger707
Nothing "proper"but if your just re-wrapping one guide and its not an expensive blank you could probably use a slower drying two part epoxy

W
waco
I have seen epoxy at Fred Meyers

T
TTFishon
I used an epoxy that comes in a stick that I bought in the fishing section at Bimart. You heat it up with a lighter and use a tooth pick. Not sure if it's the same application you're looking for but it's worked well on my Lami so far.

C
chrisohm
TTFishon said:
I used an epoxy that comes in a stick that I bought in the fishing section at Bimart. You heat it up with a lighter and use a tooth pick. Not sure if it's the same application you're looking for but it's worked well on my Lami so far.

Not quite. That stuff is more useful in the field, in a pinch, rather than a permanent fix. A 2 part epoxy like Devcon, PC-11, or Loctite would be better suited as a permanent fix. I would suggest PC-11 since it is a marine epoxy.