What tackle should I be using?

N
neverbackdown7
I've been fishing at a place where bass are rising and attacking the topwater yet they won't go for my baby brush hog. What else should I use or techniques I should put into play? Thanks!

T
tomriker
check out river2sea popper 88's

C
colt
Tom would know more than me but I would say crankbaits and poppers and spinnerbaits. Those seem to be working for a few areas. Senkos I have heard have been working as well. Tubes are also something I really love so that is something that you could try as well. I spent the day today trying to figure out what spinners would work for trout but no luck. It's only the powerbaits they are going after but I have had luck with the spinners before.

Oh, and thanks for leading me to those poppers. I might have to pick up a few after seeing what those look like :).

Last edited:
R
ryan808
Anything that moves faster :think: If they arent hitting your finesse bait just sitting there, then give them something else to go after.

D
dtikey
ryan808 said:
Anything that moves faster :think: If they arent hitting your finesse bait just sitting there, then give them something else to go after.

yup...make them react to your bait quickly to hit or not fast and hopefully they hit it for you.

N
neverbackdown7
Thanks! I'm also learning how to drift for steelhead, looks like you're a pro dtikey!

D
dtikey
neverbackdown7 said:
Thanks! I'm also learning how to drift for steelhead, looks like you're a pro dtikey!

not even close...matter of fact I dont even know any pros because they would get fish every trip out.I just have a good feel for the bite when it happens most of the time and am able to set the hook then get to loose them as they jump or turn just right.That happened today went up mac for awhile and hooked one summer for about all of 5 seconds then gone and that be it.

N
neverbackdown7
dtikey said:
not even close...matter of fact I dont even know any pros because they would get fish every trip out.I just have a good feel for the bite when it happens most of the time and am able to set the hook then get to loose them as they jump or turn just right.That happened today went up mac for awhile and hooked one summer for about all of 5 seconds then gone and that be it.

Well I guess that's just part of it, I hit up the mac last friday but I think it was just too warm for them to be out. I've only caught one in my life a couple months ago and it was on accident, I wish I could start catching them like you and some of the other guys do on here! haha