Went to sleep

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Seems like the river went to sleep after the rain:sad: Not hearing anything or seeing anything and definitely not catching any. Hope spring comes early

T
Tacomasteelheader
stopped by the trap on the way back from florence but it was pitch black dark, just had to look in the trap and under the bridge on the way back from the coast haven't been there in a couple weeks and seen nothing in there or around there, granted it was dark and all i had was my phone flash light there was absolutely nothing that i could see for fish, there might have been but i looked around pretty good with my light, i was surprised to say the least?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
GoBlueFan said:
Seems like the river went to sleep after the rain:sad: Not hearing anything or seeing anything and definitely not catching any. Hope spring comes early

I have not seen latest update on the trap yet, it should have been cleaned out yesterday....

I am curious about the upper tidewater through Mapleton...might be time for my dog and I to sonar recon it from the kayak...roger

O
OnTheDrop
Yup, no fish around....

N
nwdunerider
My buddy said there was about 100 fish under the bridge at Whitaker cr. on 1/12
we fished hard on tues 1/14 and sat 1/18
only saw one fish caught
River looked perfect
No Fish !!!

hobster
hobster
I was able to get off work tues,wed and thur last week when I saw the rains coming (steelhead flu) . Figured it would be stellar but it was suprisingly slow. I saw fish caught but it was nothing "off the hook" like everyone thought it would be. There was a good bite on Tuesday around 11 or so but everyone was surprised at how slow it was. I put in a good 6 or 7 hours each day, hooked 3 fish and lost them all. 2 shot right at me and broke my leader on rocks and tree limbs, there was a lot of debris in the river. Thursday I got sick of rigging up my drift rod so I threw in a bobber with a homemade pink jig and after and hour or so it slipped under, set the hook and boom out jumps a beautiful chrome buck. I was finally able to land one, my first ink on the tag this year. Wish I had a picture. So I went 1/4 in 3 days of pretty hard fishing, they just haven't come up in numbers yet. I saw quite a few salmon at the Whitaker trap on Tuesday, maybe the steelhead are waiting for them to finish spawning? A cop who checked us said there was a run of coho coming up the river, it so odd they are coming up so late, but that's what happens when it doesn't rain for a month or 2.

T
Tacomasteelheader
rogerdodger said:
I have not seen latest update on the trap yet, it should have been cleaned out yesterday....

I am curious about the upper tidewater through Mapleton...might be time for my dog and I to sonar recon it from the kayak...roger

Cleaned out trap would explain why i seen no fish guys, and nice reports really saves us all a lot of gas in the long run we need rain!

jamisonace
jamisonace
F
fishingduck
Just got back from a morning out. A boat that put in at first launch upstream from Farnham caught two small ones in 15min. I was on the bank and threw everything I had at them, no luck. Still a beautiful day out, sun, no wind.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
fishingduck said:
Just got back from a morning out. A boat that put in at first launch upstream from Farnham caught two small ones in 15min. I was on the bank and threw everything I had at them, no luck. Still a beautiful day out, sun, no wind.

for sure, what a beautiful January day, took my "Cata-Lab" along and we covered the water from Mapleton Landing to the top of tide (~2.5miles) and scanned all around that bend in the river just below the free flowing water but my HD sonar did not show any large fish in the water anywhere...kept my eyes open for a big "Michigan" flag at GBF's house but no luck scoring a beer at his dock :)...cheers, roger

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
rogerdodger said:
for sure, what a beautiful January day, took my "Cata-Lab" along and we covered the water from Mapleton Landing to the top of tide (~2.5miles) and scanned all around that bend in the river just below the free flowing water but my HD sonar did not show any large fish in the water anywhere...kept my eyes open for a big "Michigan" flag at GBF's house but no luck scoring a beer at his dock :)...cheers, roger
Dang roger
if I knew you were in the area I sure would of had a cold one waitin for ya:)