S
Spydeyrch
Ok, I need a list of different wader companies:

Orvis
Simms
Redington
Patigonia

What others do you know of?

I don't need prices, styles, models, etc. Just wader companies. I don't care if it is a neo wader or a breathable. Just need a list. I need to do some research but need some data to start.

Thanks everyone!! :D

-Spydey

S
steelheadstalker31
Just don't buy Frogg Toggs

B
BobbiDollPDX
steelheadstalker31 said:

I like my Frogg Toggs.

S
Spydeyrch
steelheadstalker31 said:

How come? Personal experience or just word-of-mouth? :think:

-Spydey

J
john montana
My personal preference is simms due to fit...but they are pricey. I haven't tried any patagonia waders.

V
Van
I have a pair of Redington waders. I bought them a year before the sonic weld model came. I think i paid $250-$275ish. They have been good waders for the most part. I have been kinda hard on them. My main complain is the straps always get tangled up in the back and are a pain to get straightened out. Also, part of the housing on one of the female ends of the clips broke, but they are still functional. If i spend a lot of hours standing in the water i get a feeling that i have a small leak at one of the seams near my right knee. However, body head usually dries it pretty fast.

Overall, good waders. I think i will buy a different brand next time though. Don @ River City has a pair of Wright & McGill breathables that has nice padded should straps, a cross strap to keep them from getting tangled up and a wide padded back support as part of the waist belt. Im also grooving on Patagonia stuff lately, i will them a good look too.

T
todd_brooks
Don't forget Cabela's I know of some that swear by em.

I'm sold on Simms my self.

madasahab
madasahab
Got a pair of new Simms on ebay cheap. Sweet waders. You may try aquaz or check out usia website (but the guy isn't very helpful and is kind of a tool).

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
all waders are a ticking time bomb...

S
Spydeyrch
Modest_Man said:
Cool link John. Makes me excited to try out the G3's I picked up for $100 a couple weeks ago...

Yeah, I know, right! Sweet review!!

So ya got them then. Nice!! See, you should like start a business or something cause you could make some serious bank off of finding cheap good quality items for people!!! (But you'd cut me a deal, right, hehehe :lol: )

-Spydey

S
Spydeyrch
halibuthitman said:

So then what do you use the majority of your time in the water? :think:

-Spydey

Last edited:
A
alm21
halibuthitman said:

So true. My Dan Bailey's leak just as good as my Hodgman. I'm interested to hear from people how the USIA waders hold up over the next year (people haven't been wearing them long enough to get a good read yet). I don't need breathable waders most of the time anyway. However, I've been fishing with cold wet feet this season no matter how much ShoeGoo or AquaSeal I plaster on and it's time to get some new ones. I think I'll be shopping the warranties more than the features. If a $500 pair of waders gets me lifetime repairs or replacements, then it's time to start saving some dough.

Last edited:
C
ChezJfrey
alm21 said:
So true. My Dan Bailey's leak just as good as my Hodgman. I'm interested to hear from people how the USIA waders hold up over the next year (people haven't been wearing them long enough to get a good read yet). I don't need breathable waders most of the time anyway. However, I've been fishing with cold wet feet this season no matter how much ShoeGoo or AquaSeal I plaster on and it's time to get some new ones. I think I'll be shopping the warranties more than the features. If a $500 pair of waders gets me lifetime repairs or replacements, then it's time to start saving some dough.

Yeah, I'm with you...several brands/types and more and more money seeking something that lasts longer than 3 months and I usually just give up, give in, and just keep fishing while completely soaked; like you, I just tough it out :)

Anyway, with my now low expectations, all I really want is something that can get past 6 months, LOL. So, given the hype/claims, I'm giving USIA a shot...just ordered them and I will definitely let people know how they fare.

B
bigsteel
Redington

B
benkearney
halibuthitman said:

This is why you buy Simms. No one is better about cheap repairs. I bought a pair of G3's off of ebay. After I owned them a year they leaked at a seam. I sent them back and for about $40 they fixed the leak, plus other pinhole leaks, plus the slightly torn strap and boot issue that I didn't even identify. These waders were way past any warranty and no one even asked me where or when I bought them.

Last edited:
M
Modest_Man
The USIA look like a quality product, but they're not breathable at all. If you hike around much you'll be wet!

C
ChezJfrey
Modest_Man said:
The USIA look like a quality product, but they're not breathable at all. If you hike around much you'll be wet!

My thinking right now is I already do get wet, but it's cold water! Also, if I'm honest with myself, during the summer when it's hot, the breathable I use still feels wet and clammy so I'm fairly convinced the experience with non-breathable won't be much, if any, different.

In any case, I'm giving it a try and we'll see how it goes.

J
john montana
I agree with the ticking bomb sentiment. Basically...waders leak. Maybe not out of the box but if you fish much, they will leak. I buy Simms because they are the most comfortable, and I have yet to spring more than a pinprick type of leak. I have no pretense that any waders will keep me 100% dry if I use them much.

H
halibuthitman
Spydeyrch said:
So then what do you use the majority of your time in the water? :think:

-Spydey
I am currently rocking Simms waders with a set of caddis **** zipper models for a back-up pair.. the simms leak, they are 4 months old, but I like the Patagonia and Simms waders because they may leak but catastophic failure is less likely.. and I have expirenced catastropic failure while in the field and it sucks. now what im about to say is serious, Im not being a smart ass... I do not attempt to stay totally dry and comfortable while fishing.. I simply wish to be functional.. maintaining a core temp that will not land me in the hostpital. When I head afield it is my hope, intent, desire and total goal to hook something that is doing absolutely no harm to anyone in the face, drag it around, lift it out of the water probably fecking up its slime.. practicaly sufficating it and releasing it or even worse clubbing the holy hell out of it to death... the least I can do.. the most respectful and honorable thing I can do... is suffer just a little bit with it, otherwise this game.... just isn't fair-