Tying benches/set-ups.....let's see your worksite!!

D
desertbull
Love to see where you all spend the wee hours twisting hair and feathers into scrumpcious treats for our fish friends.

I have been viewing another fly-tying specific site and some of the setups posted are incredible.

Forward your pics or those of others you have seen!

Come on spring!!!

Desertbull on the High Desert

jamisonace
jamisonace
I have a desk down in Springfield that I will give to someone. It has large work area with a pull out writing platform and 4 drawers. It's a solid built wood desk but it's not beautiful....not ugly either. (It is not laminate on particle board so it can be refinished to look very good) I can post a pic when I dig it out of storage or you can just come grab it. I've used it for fly tying in the past and it was perfect.

PM me if you want to check it out. First person to pick it up gets it.

F
FlyBum
So I had to get all my $hituff cleaned up and organized two weeks ago when I moved so I'm still working on creating a new mess, but was able to get most of it into 5 boxes, 2 dresser drawers, 4 reel boxes, and a paper bag. :)

V
Van
newdesk.jpg

I have a couple thread racks still to paint up and hang on the wall for yarn and whatever else.

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice setup brad... peach glo bug yarn and jameson... :cool:

H
halibuthitman
thanks Brandon... but remember, never drink and tie drys-

W
waco
remember you can get a ticket for TUII

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
thanks Brandon... but remember, never drink and tie drys-

alcohol+head cement +trying to light a cigarette = two less eyebrows on your face :lol:

W
waco
Ok here is mine!
IMG561.jpg
IMG560.jpg

F
FlyBum
Hey HH, where do you hide the Gimp, with the ball in its mouth?? I keep mine in the closet under the stairs where it belongs :)

H
halibuthitman
FlyBum said:
Hey HH, where do you hide the Gimp, with the ball in its mouth?? I keep mine in the closet under the stairs where it belongs :)

gimp's... its a plural here, and im a humanitarian... they are free range ( but with shock collars )

F
FlyBum
I find that they work great to protect those highly sought after feathers! Damn near have to keep them under the mattress to hide them from the girlfriend(s) :)

brandon4455
brandon4455
:lol:

I
I <3 <><
Wow these are amazing. I have a desk with like 2ft of piled bags and feathers and such. Takes like 20 minutes to find my tools. And around 30 to find me vise. ;D

D
desertbull
I was the same way until a couple of weeks back. Made a decision to "get 'er done!" GET ORGANIZED and do it right. Pictures soon!

M
markasd
Tying bench.jpg
Tying bench (1).jpg
Nice to be in the middle of a mess and be able to pull the top down and clean up! Vice goes in the center drawer with all the scrap. My "office" is almost complete...

M
markasd
Really starting to not like my phone camera much.. sorry for the lame pics.

D
desertbull
Finally got 'er done!!!

Finally got 'er done!!!

Well, I "finally" got my act together! NO MORE KITCHEN TABLE FOR ME!! Always wanted a place I could work on arrows, tool a leather belt, but MORE IMPORTANTLY......whip up some FLIES!!

Thanks for sharing gang. Spring isn't far away!

W
waco
Looks nice! By the way nice fishing pics you got there!

D
desertbull
Thanks WACO!

The pics are two great Western anglers, Del Canty and Joe Butler, with their respective world record trout.