Tuna Fishing From Canada

C
Canuck
Hi everyone,

Some friends and myself have taken up tuna fishing out of Tofino BC and are now fully obsessed. To further our obsession we want to take one of our boats down to your beautiful state and do some tuna fishing down there for we hear it is the real deal. We are considering coming any day but the water looks like it has really cooled off there and we are considering delaying our trip until that changes.

Anyway, it is a big ordeal for us to come down there so we want to hit it right.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

J

D
dtikey
I was supposed to go out friday but had to work buddy still went out with two others and they got 25 out of newport and back in by 3pm so I would say pretty good fishiong.They werte in a 20 foot duckworth so ocean was pretty good also.Dont know if this helps you out but good reports coming in.

C
Canuck
dtikey said:
I was supposed to go out friday but had to work buddy still went out with two others and they got 25 out of newport and back in by 3pm so I would say pretty good fishiong.They werte in a 20 foot duckworth so ocean was pretty good also.Dont know if this helps you out but good reports coming in.

Thats a start. We are really going blind on this trip so we have no accommodations or marine slips arranged. We do not really want to be in the heart of a big city. Would prefer a small town or resort marina.

D
dtikey
Canuck said:
Thats a start. We are really going blind on this trip so we have no accommodations or marine slips arranged. We do not really want to be in the heart of a big city. Would prefer a small town or resort marina.

I would say that covers every town along the coast.All small towns with good people in most that I have been through

D
DYJ
We fish out of Depot Bay a lot, but normally stay in Newort. The Embedacaro is not a bad place to stay in Newport with a private marina. It's a little aged, some of the rooms are better then others but they do have a marina.

Make sure you've got a couple cedar plugs and Mexican flag clones.