Tualatin River Fishing

Troutski
Troutski
Cool looking fish...

Cool looking fish...

FishSchooler said:
Here are some pics of the carp! I kinda look stupid in small in that one pic. But I'm not. Lol.

Your supposed to look geeky and small or large in my case. The camera adds 50 lbs to my pictures and yours subtracts 50 lbs. It all comes down to who has the fish, and you do....congratulations on a very nice fish...:dance::dance::clap:

Chuck

Last edited:
J
JTLunker
I went back today and watched two of the ponds for about 10 min with no surface action or sign of fish. I also had no luck on the Tualitan. Oh well.

C
chris61182
You look small because that's an almost 15lb fish! :shock:

Awesome catch and thank you for sharing!

H
Hawk
That thar is a Beauty...........Brother Fishschooler......................:D

Great Job.....................:clap::clap::clap::clap:.................:cool:

F
FishSchooler
Erm... It wasn't near 15 pounds I think... Lol. Around 8-10 pounds maybe. 11 pounds max. But I lost so many rigs and lines and hooks and weights to get that fish...:( But it was a surprise! Where are the bass? I've never seen one caught in the river. Only sucker, squaw, and carps have been pulled out in my time there. A spinnerbait is probably the only lure that doesn't float that is almost snagless. Besides rubber worms which don't fit into the surroundings. What do you use for bass in Cook Park without snagging? (I fish from the dock)
That carp, looks like it had been bitten on the side and tail because there was a cut on the tail and a line of scales missing on the side. It looked dirty where the bite marks had been. Bigger fish in the river? :)

Last edited:
J
JTLunker
Like I said before I caught a Smallie off the same dock. I think with the Tualitan the situation calls for a boat to have any real success for Bass. Joes is having a sale on thier inflatable canoes and rafts. Go take a look it may be just what you need. I will meet you down there as I live five min away now. PM and I will let you know when I will be down there next.

C
chris61182
OK, so maybe not 15lbs but it's definitely north of 10.

Wilsonriverfisher
Wilsonriverfisher
i say its 11.3:cool:

F
FishSchooler
I got a good sized 5 person raft. Normally we take 3 people on it max. I'm a kid though... Parents wouldn't like me fishing with people I talk with on the internet. Sorry, but thanks for offering! They don't even like me talking like this on this forum:( Oh well. I don't think they'ed take the raft though, cause it's a hassle to set up. But if I do, what did you use and where?

J
JTLunker
Sounds like you have good parents. I didn't put two and two together from your picture with the Carp, stupid. Good call and good luck. One can never be too carefull with thier children. I use a spinner bait or a bobber with a short leader with a plastic or nightcrawler. Good luck kid!

C
chris61182
So I ran out to Rood Bridge Park again after work today. The river was down about 2ft from the last month with a much more manageable flow too. As I first walked up to the river I saw a nice swirl right in the middle of it, so I was confident it was going to be a good trip. But after a few dozen casts, a small handful of lures, and only bluegill and perch nibbles I figured I'd try my luck further down the trail.

Down the trail a bit, I came to near where Rock Creek enters the Tualatin. First cast was perfect, just upstream a bit to allow a nice and natural drift and then sweep across the river back towards me as the line comes taught. Well ok it never made it into the full sweep because as soon as it hit the current seam it was bam! fish on! A nice little bass with a very full belly. A half dozen cookie cutter bass later, and I had apparently caught all the willing participants in the pool. The shore access back there is rather limited so I started making further and further casts back until I apparently hit a school of perch. I caught a handful of them before I managed to lose my lure to a snag and nothing I tied on after that managed to catch their attention quite the same.

Oh and one word of warning, if you get adventurous and find the path leading to the Tualatin just before Rock Creek dumps into it be careful not to fall in. The trail ends up at a 1x2 ft patch of ground that sticks out slightly into the river that is incredibly soggy and slippery. I did my best to cut back some of the bushes that work to push you in but other wise gave up on the spot because I really didn't want to go for a swim this evening.

B
Boywhofishes
nice perch man! i wish i could catch one that big!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::naughty:

but really i have never caught one so you're one up on me :shock:

F
FishSchooler
Is that just a simple jighead there?

C
chris61182
Boywhofishes said:
nice perch man! i wish i could catch one that big!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::naughty:

but really i have never caught one so you're one up on me :shock:

Well it's the first perch I've caught in, oh way more years than I'd probably care to admit. So yeah, it's anything but a monster but it's a fish and it bit my lure so I'm pleased.

C
chris61182
FishSchooler said:
Is that just a simple jighead there?

Nope, you can't see it very well but it's just a 1/8oz green spinner, dollar store brand as a matter of fact :) I fish the real high end gear :lol:.

F
FishSchooler
Haha. Dollar store sells fishing equipment? Lol?

C
chris61182
FishSchooler said:
Haha. Dollar store sells fishing equipment? Lol?

Some of them do, some of them don't. The lures are all actually remarked Storm Brand lures. Though it does pay to be vigilant, sometimes the Storm brand products are actually cheaper than the Dollar Store ones, just not usually.

Wilsonriverfisher
Wilsonriverfisher
dollar store tackle is the worst of the worst I tried some of it one time for kicks and giggles and oh boy. The stupid lures spin like crap and you can rely on them and are made with the crappiest metal possible. I highly recommend when fishing to use the best possible gear because the time you have that big fish on you do not want to have dollar tree tackle fail on you.

mike

L
Linda
catfish in tualatin?

catfish in tualatin?

Where are the cats?Channel cats would be nice?I also would like to know if anyone is aware if Tualatin is off green algae alert?:confused:

F
FishSchooler
I dont know about channel cats, but there are lots of cats in the river system, most by the mouth of the t river. White cats and bullhead I think, but you need to reach theh bottom of the river to get them, but if you bottom fish or something, its a 99% guaranteed snag, cause there are so mannnnnnnnnnnnny bushes and sticks and everything down there. Lots of algae too.