Trout help!

B
bigboy70
grampa ron said:
Switch to fly fishing with a nymph and indicator along the banks.

saw one guy doing this I don't know if he had any luck I had mine with me but me switching to my fly rod would have crippled the rest of the boat fishing wise next time maybe

B
bigboy70
nxx10 said:
\We were probably the fastest ones out there in the white and blue boat with a wake tower.

defiantly remember seeing you now

K
Knot Fishing Sober
bigboy70 said:
haha KFS look at you go lol sounds like you did your research pretty well lol cause I know you aint no regular. Now that boat floats and drives we will have to get out there one of these days.

But my focus is going back to the big chrome for awhile the misses has to work weekends know so hit me up and we make a plan!

Yeah you know I'm always researching. I'm much better at reading than catching fish! Actually I read about Hagg in my "fishing in oregon" book and know from experience trout like inlets which bring fresh cold oxygenated water and food. Hathchery trout will stay shalllow for weeks cause they are used to being in shallow pools at the farm.
I'm always ready to fish for chrome so now that you are losing your regualar partner the misses. I won't outfish you either!

N
nxx10
bigboy70 said:
defiantly remember seeing you now

yeah we did the best we could given our situation but we had action but couldn't get em in the boat

M
mikeee2362
Knot Fishing Sober said:
A little of everything power bait, night crawlers, power eggs, mouse tails etc. Took a couple dozen casts with spinners but the fish only wanted bait.

Ahhhh bait. bait, or bait then....awesome. I figure it will be even more of a bait show this weekend with all the new stockers!!

B
bigboy70
Might try my luck again from bank if the clack blowns

M
MadDog
Knot Fishing Sober said:
Kids actually wanted to leave cause they were tired of reeling in fish.

What a horrible problem to have. Gave me a great laugh. :D. I've got 2 young ones and the problem always is their patience level.

H
huabrandon
Troll with night crawlers! You will even occasionally get a bass along the dam.

N
nxx10
Update I fished all day today from boat and shore. I got hits from the boat but I couldn't hook em. And today my buddy landed two fish from the bank when I was with him overall the lake is shaping up. Oh and by the way I caught one this week in the cove next to the dam when my line was just getting tensioned.