Trillium trophy trout time: accepting applications

Trillium trophy trout time: accepting applications

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T
troutmasta
Im there. Its a beautiful place to spend the weekend and the fishing is always OFF the charts!

O
OnTheFly
I'm bringing this thread back up to the top to keep it in sight. Some other members may have missed it on the first go around.

G
GDBrown
It Gone

It Gone

OnTheFly said:
Gene, I'll team up with you in the LBD and row for the entire time you're there. That would leave an open pontoon available. lilsalmon has first dibbs though.

Would you believe an old neighbor of mine came by and bought the LBD yesterday!:cool: I haven't had it on CL for a few weeks and was mowing the yard so I pulled it out from behind the fence and put the FS sign on it and they stopped about 15 minutes later.:shock:

My wife is in Utah visiting family without me and will be surprised to have it gone. She was just getting use to the idea that I might be stuck with it.:rolleyes:

So now I'm not sure what I'll be doing. What kind of Pontoon do you have Jim? Should I start looking for one? or borrow one for a few trips to see how I like them. I saw one on CL for $200 that included a set of flippers as well as the oars. Any suggestions?

M
Markcanby
I say every man should have a toon. But if you have a larger boat I would go small ODC makes a nice light one I love so much I have 3.:lol::lol::lol: Best part is you can get them brand new for $179 from Cabela's

Reactions: OnTheFly
T
Throbbit _Shane
Ill try to make it. id love to finally meet up with some of the OFFers :D

O
OnTheFly
I did a recon/fishing trip to Trillium today (wanted instead to be at Olallie but had to stay in cell range for business purposes :rolleyes: Anyway, great day, slow fishing, and LOTS of people. The campsite area that would be nice for us in September is in the west side loop; sites 45 to 50. You can explore the website below. Some of those are the double sites that will accommodate up to 12 people. Lots of singles too. One of the websites I have entered on the original post has incorrect camp fees. The doubles go for 38 bucks a night and the singles vary from 12 to 18. The campsites look real nice. You may need to allow a viewer download to navigate the page but once you do you can look over the details of each site. Something else new to the area is the construction work at the dam. They have filled in the base of the embankment with rock and sand making it a flat surface to fish from. Nice spot for Autofisher and that chair of his.:D

Campsite Map V2 - Recreation.gov - Recreation.gov

B
bigsteel
ttt

N
ninja2010
i checked out the link and it looks like for the time frame, those sites are not available for online booking - all walk-in only. i don't think i can make it there before the check in time on friday... so i'm asking for assistance from anyone going there before friday to reserve something for me, and i'll gladly pay whatever the fees are for fri-sun camping. pleeeeze?

E
eggs
I am thinking about driving up Thursday after work and putting up my tent up there with OnTheFly to reserve my spot. Then go home, go to work friday and then head up friday afternoon. Jimmy, if you want(and dont have a house size tent) I will toss your tent up too. I figure paying an extra day and leaving an empty tent is worth it in order to reserve a spot. With OnTheFly there our tents should be safe.

O
OnTheFly
eggs said:
I am thinking about driving up Thursday after work and putting up my tent up there with OnTheFly to reserve my spot. Then go home, go to work friday and then head up friday afternoon. Jimmy, if you want(and dont have a house size tent) I will toss your tent up too. I figure paying an extra day and leaving an empty tent is worth it in order to reserve a spot. With OnTheFly there our tents should be safe.

Hey eggs, I don't see any reason for you to have to pay for any night you're not there. Single sites hold up to six and I'm not going to be upset with a couple of empty tents there. Besides, maybe I could use one of them for my laundry until you arrive!:lol::dance:

Last edited:
N
ninja2010
eggs said:

i don't have a house sized tent... that works. thx eggs.

O
OnTheFly
Campsite photos

Campsite photos

Go back to the original post and checkout the added website of Trillium campsite photos. They don't show much but it gives you a glimps of how they look with potential parking for RV's and other vehicles. You can use this in conjunction with the map website for location purposes. I would like to secure sites as needed in the following area: Doubles 45, 47,and 48. The singles include 46, 49, and 50. With the help of other early arriving OFF'ers we may have a chance getting some of these.

Last edited:
E
eggs
sooooo I am 100% serious on this.....

I will be up there camping friday night... but I will be waking up at 8:00am Saturday and drive home for the 9am Gator game... but will be back around noon!

L
lilsalmon
Go Gators!!!!! Thats okay....we promise not to prank your tent while your gone....:D

A
autofisher
I'm down for this if it's ok with you guys. It's all going to depend on if I have a job by then. I do know that there is a TON of unimproved sites up there that you don't have to pay for. At least we've never had to. We do a big group camp out every year up there. As you go down the road towards the lake, take the first right and there should be a ton of different sites. Our site last year held 35 people and we never had a problem with the people up there. I could be wrong though, but it's worth a shot.

L
Left Bank
autofisher said:
I'm down for this if it's ok with you guys. It's all going to depend on if I have a job by then. I do know that there is a TON of unimproved sites up there that you don't have to pay for. At least we've never had to. We do a big group camp out every year up there. As you go down the road towards the lake, take the first right and there should be a ton of different sites. Our site last year held 35 people and we never had a problem with the people up there. I could be wrong though, but it's worth a shot.

Hey Autofisher, do those sites have lakeside access? I'm thinking that anyone pulling a small boat or toon would prefer a site they could pull right up to and leave it for the night.

A
autofisher
No they don't........ it's about a half mile from the lake...... and yeah I understand that part. I keep forgetting..... I'm still a bank maggot. I need to get a drift boat........ when I have the money.

J
JeannaJigs
so i plan on camping, but gotta work that friday, which means...3 hour drive friday night...so...maybe...someone could save me a spot :) I don't have a tent anymore thanks to my dog....uhm but I have a sleeping bag, a tarp and a camp chair. so I take up very little space.

L
Left Bank
Bank Magot

Bank Magot

autofisher said:
I'm still a bank maggot.

:lol::lol::lol:

L
Left Bank
JeannaJigs said:
so i plan on camping, but gotta work that friday, which means...3 hour drive friday night...so...maybe...someone could save me a spot :) I don't have a tent anymore thanks to my dog....uhm but I have a sleeping bag, a tarp and a camp chair. so I take up very little space.

I have a single person dome tent I used to use. It doesn't keep out water as good as it used to and condensates a bit but I'd be happy to tote it along for ya. Better than tarping it.