Surf fishing at Lincoln City tomorrow 8/20

Casting Call
Casting Call
troutmasta said:
I'll be out Tuesday evening before the high tide. Might do some rock fishing in depot bay as well.
T...m try fishing the north point of the cove just a few blocks north of pirate's cove. 20foot drop at high tide. Tons of sea trout/kelp bass. You'll know ur at the right place when you see at the trailhead a sign that reads Yokohama 8,000 miles west. Tony
:thumb:

Last edited:
M
montym
$10 says you can't make him stop Shaun ☺. Jokes aside, while I have not fished much at the ocean, there is a lot of info in this forum on where you can fish for surf perch. I've been to Barview jetty only and while you will get
into fish off the rocks be prepared to lose lots and lots of tackle there. The secret I understand is to keep moving if you don't get a bite in 15 minutes tops.
It's been a real pleasure reading your posts my friend, keep them coming.

M

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Casting Call
Casting Call
Last entry for this perch saga. Went to fishing rock this am and tried something I should have done years ago. I walked an 1/8th of a mile of shore line that I thought would be holding a school of perch. I fished in a backwards routine of my normal process. Used my bugwand first 7 to1 cast over a spinning set-up. Found two schools of perch in two different spots. Stayed with the bugwand all morn. Used a 14ft Spey rod. Tony