Surf casting

madasahab
madasahab
Just moved to Lincoln City and was wondering if surf fishing is any good this time of year? Or where might be a good bet?

F
FishWhistle
try pirates cove in depoe bay

madasahab
madasahab
FishWhistle said:
try pirates cove in depoe bay

I know where depoe bay is but not pirates cove...

madasahab
madasahab
cancel that...found some info...thanks

B
Born2Fish55
Use a basic 'fish-finder' rig in the suds once you locate a slot or hole in the surf and you'll pick up fish. I was out playing in the surf over in Seaside... picked up several nice Flounder and a Redtail in the mouth of the Necanicum River.

I use a 12' Lamiglas with my Shimano Spinning reel loaded with 40# test Fireline braid tipped with some Seagar 6# Fluorocarbon leader. It only takes 2 - 4 ounces to maintain contact with the bottom and I rig up with Gulp saltwater or fresh baits threaded onto Gamagatsu small Circle hooks with the yellow or red coating on them.

The advice on Pirates is excellent advice... lots of fishy water along the coast... any of the points with close in off shore structure hold fish. Target areas similar to Pirates Cove like the Cove at Seaside... anyplace that has a decent break for Surfing will produce fish. Also target the Jetty fisheries, both day and night, they are some of the most fantastic treasures of our Coast. Nice thing is they are not easily accessible to Commercial Fishermen and they end up costing them too much gear to let them be profitable, thus the fisheries thrive, survive and continue to produce.

Remember the Golden Rule: 'Limit your catch, do not catch you limit' and we will all be able to continue to enjoy our sport for years to come.

Casting Call
Casting Call
James did you ever get to pirates cove? CC

madasahab
madasahab
Casting Call said:
James did you ever get to pirates cove? CC

No, not yet. I may fish today in Newport or Pirates cove, savvy?

Last edited: