Stalking Browns In Skinny Water

jamisonace
jamisonace
I watched that last night. Those fish are huge....in crazy small water.

I talked my wife into signing up for half marathon in Wyoming next summer where there are some steams kind of like that. The fish aren't nearly that big but the fishing is similar. I have a real shot at some browns over 25" though. I had a couple on this year but they had their way with my five weight.

I figure the way you and Rose get after it, it won't be long before you're in New Zealand hitting those streams.

B
bigsteel
its been on my mind to just hit the skies and go fish another country,,SOOOOOOOOOOOOON

S
steelhead_slayer
That looks AMAZING! Who wants to sponsor a trip to New Zealand for me :lol:

jamisonace
jamisonace
One way or round trip ticket? :)

bigsteel said:
its been on my mind to just hit the skies and go fish another country,,SOOOOOOOOOOOOON

B
bigsteel
:D
jamisonace said:
One way or round trip ticket? :)
yet to be determined:D:D

E
eggs
Damn! That's insane! I bet you have to wear a blindfold when taken there and when going home!

Reactions: bigsteel
S
Spydeyrch
Hey, we should all, as a community, start the "Get Dave & Rose to New Zealand 2013" fund!!! No joke. :naughty: Think that it would be pretty awesome and a sight to behold, to see this community come together and have everyone pitch-in. It could be OFF's 2013 goal, to get them to New Zealand by the end of the year!!!

Obviously they would need someone to help them with their gear. Kind of like a golf caddy, but this could be the fly caddy; kind of like a sherpa but for fly fishing. The fly caddy would carry their gear around for them as they fished. And obviously that person would have to be me cause I came up with the sweet idea to get them there, right. :) I mean, that would be the logical choice, right. :D :dance:

So we could call it: "New Zealand: Dave's, Rose's, (and their fly caddy's) adventure of a life-time fund"

What do you guys say? I will make the first donation!! :D

Back on topic.

Nice video there Dave. It would be crazy to get something like that. I was watching a vid last night about a place in Chile called Elf Creek (Arroyo de Elfos). The creek was like 12 feet at it's widest and the guy pulled out a wild rainbow the size of some of the winter steelhead up here!!! :shock: CRAZY!!!!! What do they feed those fish down there in Argentina and Chile!!!!

-Spydey

P.S. The fundraiser was serious. It think it would be awesome to get them there, a gift from all of us to them. I wouldn't have to go obviously, but just make sure they bring a suitcase big enough for a normal size adult male to fit in, hehehehehehehehe. :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
M
MattZ
NZ is epic, but fish that big in water that small is very hard to find. that was great. thanks for posting.

and if any of you are even thinking of going to NZ, just go. The fishing makes it worth it, but everything else just adds to the experience, the scenery, the people, the wildness. its great. and so much water. it would take 3 lifetimes to get to it all.

L
lilsalmon
That video is awesome....I got my sights set right around here tho. I am making a list for the new year of new places to fish and places to refish, including Oregon, Washington and Montana.....and fishing with friends more this year......