Spinner fish!

R
rippin fish lips
So... River was at 7 feet, Runnin light brown. With these water conditions, we were able to fish 10lb test and #5 spinners successfully with 2 hook ups. 1-2 for he group of 4. Fished high at first, it was slow sept for the 1 lost hook up, went low fished, it apeared slow. Fished lots of colors of #5s through this hole, casted some plugs.. then back to a # silver spinner. About 5 casts and boom FISH ON! This fish liked a spinner on the swing with a slow fluttering blade fished deep bouncing off bottom every 4-6 feet.

Set the hook, Fish exploeds out of the water thrashing. Few good runs and jumps and was able to seal the deal.

Big fat hen measuring in at 32 inches and 12lbs easy maybe 13.

Run Siwash hooks!

IMG_0193.jpg

Last edited:
jamisonace
jamisonace
Beauty. Nice work.

E
eugene1
Awesome healthy chromer there dude!

You deserve it with the time put in with your crew.

Best,

T
Tacomasteelheader
I know where that spot is :D, going tomorrow can't wait !!!

P
plumb2fish
That spot seems to be pretty good to you Tanner. Have you fished off the boulders down at the very bottom end...fish will hold there as well....

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rippin fish lips said:
So... River was at 7 feet, Runnin light brown. With these water conditions, we were able to fish 10lb test and #5 spinners successfully with 2 hook ups. 1-2 for he group of 4. Fished high at first, it was slow sept for the 1 lost hook up, went low fished, it apeared slow. Fished lots of colors of #5s through this hole, casted some plugs.. then back to a # silver spinner. About 5 casts and boom FISH ON! This fish liked a spinner on the swing with a slow fluttering blade fished deep bouncing off bottom every 4-6 feet.

Set the hook, Fish exploeds out of the water thrashing. Few good runs and jumps and was able to seal the deal.

Big fat hen measuring in at 32 inches and 12lbs easy maybe 13.

Run Siwash hooks!

IMG_0193.jpg

blinding fish, nice one, and thanks for the extra details, I'm taking notes and bending hooks....roger

1 nut in the water
You must have been in the group of four just above the bridge? If so we watched all the action as we were the 2 crazy bastards floating in in our pontoons.....

F
Fish-N-Chips
Nice job dude. Beautiful looking fish. Great report too!!

Y
Yogidabear
That's a nice one, way to go.

D
DYJ
great picture!

N
nativefish
nice fish! poor guy posts his pic and everyone flocks to his spot it sounds like!

S
Scott M
Nice hen!! I'll be looking for that pic on one of the Salmon and Steelhead Magazine Covers!! :D

C
ChezJfrey
Nicely done...way better than the puny 24-25 inchers and the beat up coho nate I've hooked the last month.

R
rippin fish lips
nativefish said:
nice fish! poor guy posts his pic and everyone flocks to his spot it sounds like!

What do ya know?? lol. 1 nut, that was us. I was debating on walking up the road to take the pic with just tthe jeep behind me but wanted that pic right after it was tailed. 1 nut, you guys should have fished that whole stretch on the way down it.

R
rippin fish lips
ChezJfrey said:
Nicely done...way better than the puny 24-25 inchers and the beat up coho nate I've hooked the last month.

Any fish is fine! My last one was 26" which was my first, this one 32 " :) Got a pic of the eggs coming here soon... Made the mistake of putting them in the freezer while they were in the middle of curing! =/ This is my biggest steel ever

I am 2-4 for the season, the group is 3-9 so far, starting to make a come back!

1 nut in the water
That was pretty cool watching you guys playing that thing- great entertainment!
man that was some ugly looking frog water above you so we moved through pretty quick. But what do I know- as a rookie i lost a decent fish up above in what i thought was crap water.... Heading back out now to try again..........

O
OnTheDrop
Anyspot...Anytime..Its fish on for the next week! Nice job Tanner. It's a productive name I'm tellin' ya...

D
dtikey
great fish buddy and great pic look like cloud nine keep at it

T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice one Tanner!!!

M
mgdguy
Nice chromer!!