Some advice on stocker Trout

D
Drew9870
capblack said:
im not big on casting and retrieving lures in ponds and lakes, but i like drifting them for steel!!

In my eyes, this is what metal contraptions are for, and Salmon.

P.S. Was I negative in this thread? People sure don't take kindly to me saying stockers are rather slow in the head, I atleast try to use as much humor as possible to try to avoid coming off as negative :D ;).

Last edited:
G
GDBrown
troutdude, How did you let yourself get sucked into this childs play? You know better than that! I sounded too much like a story from old patrick. Only they rode bikes not long boards.

GD

D
Drew9870
How did you let yourself get sucked into this childs play?
Only they rode bikes not longboards.

Last edited:
G
GDBrown
Drew9870 said:

Drew, you need to read a few books by Patrick McManus to understand.....

Reactions: BobbiDollPDX
D
Drew9870
GDBrown said:

Here are the flies, my personal favorite is the white one up top.

They don't look like anything I would expect the fish to be used to seeing, but they sure do eat them all equally on any day.

Reactions: FishFinger
N
nwkiller
good old pat!!

B
BobbiDollPDX
GDBrown said:

+1

Reactions: FishFinger
D
Drew9870
M
metalfisher76
"Trout ARE aquarium fish, what aquarium fish have you seen that was a picky eater, that wouldn't accept the green pellets but loved the tie-dye ones , these fish can't be nowhere near pressured, it takes awhile for a fish to be used to pressure, and a dumb stocker that has little natural instinct will need a couple months of pressure atleast to even be affected by it."

WOW! Uhem, I`m not sure why I`m here, but here goes....
Dude.... #1 they live in a concrete box... they`re vacuumed into a truck. They`re slung into a pond.... PRESSURE, um period #2 THEN!!, they see lead, line, spinners, different colors and scents. and yer advice is "these fish can`t be nowhere near pressured??????????? um LOL!!
#3 They have ancestors....Uhem, INSTINCT, um period.
At first you posted a fairly helpful thread, for some;)(and those,that need it:clap: should pay attention to SOME of what he said). FACT is, your way is not the ONLY or even BEST way ALL the time. Keep at it bro.. If it works, don`t fix it. But I think you still need to learn the difference between YOUR opinion, anothers opinion and fact. Let alone, listen to others without jumpin on the "your wrong, I`m right" train. IF you`d notice, Beaverfan said "in my experience"...... + It is HARDLY fact that any fish is 'RETARDED"
That is lame statement :rolleyes: especially after some things you`ve said in the past. I thought you appreciated FISH um period

Reactions: Drew9870 and Markcanby
B
BobbiDollPDX
GAAARRRRR I've spread a lot of reputation around dangit now I want to double back on some peeps.

Very frustrating this time limit between rep allocation.

Reactions: lilsalmon and Markcanby
D
Drew9870
Pressured?

Then why is it that I happened to catch the same fish back in my C&R stocker Trout days three different times, and the guy 20ft down the bank caught the same fish twice also, it was like a game of ping pong with a Trout that had a mutated back, pretty easy to tell that one apart from the rest.

A fish just can't become ''pressured'' in the week or two that it is alive and up for grabs in a stocker pond, it is possible some of the fish just won't eat because they are so used to a strict diet of pellets.

I used the word retarded in the manner it should be used, I was referring to how slow these fish are in the head.

P.S. I already gave you rep Bobby, sheesh, JK, lol.

Last edited:
M
Markcanby
There I gave you some.

Man chicks are so needy.

troutdude
troutdude
I plead the 5th. I shoulda known where this road would head.

B
BobbiDollPDX
Wow, I was trying to give it to everyone else (as usual) but if y'all want to give me some, that's alright too. 5.gif

D
Drew9870
From personal "research" :)lol:) at about age 13, I can tell you an aquarium (hatchery :)) fish will grab a line tied to a worm with no hook, fight it, get the free meal, and continue to do so. Hatchery fish are no different, they are born around man and fed by man, if your thoughts on INSTINCT were true, then how come the aquarium fish (which were also derived from a wild fish) aren't so pressured after this ''study'', and never refused to eat the meal that almost cost them their life. Carp in Paylakes around the central and southern parts of the country have absolutely torn up mouths, and they continue to eat even though they get caught, we think too highly of fish sometimes, why do you think I quit going around saying how much smarter Carp are than other fish, I realized Carp are just another fish, really, if fish were humans, it wouldn't be referred to as 'species', it would be 'race', we all pretty much have the same requirements and when it comes down to it, we live the same, we try to survive.

For those that don't know, a Paylake is basically fishing + gambling + competing in a planted pond.

Last edited:
R
RunWithSasquatch
You're like the King of stocker trout, fish in general, I sware.

D
Drew9870
Sarcasm??? :confused::confused::confused:

:)

H
halibuthitman
Im pretty sure this thread will eventually cause a suicide.. it reminds me of a kid I knew who tried to wash paper plates at scout camp.... when in the hell does bobbi put up the picture of the bunny with a pancake on its head..? oh yeah im hungry, mabe I,ll have Mexican.. no, fried chicken.. yeah,, thats what i,ll have ... fried chicken, or mabe chicken dumplings...... hmmm why can I hear my thoughts out loud... I appear to have no inner monolog....

D
Drew9870
halibuthitman said:
Im pretty sure this thread will eventually cause a suicide.. it reminds me of a kid I knew who tried to wash paper plates at scout camp.... when in the hell does bobbi put up the picture of the bunny with a pancake on its head..? oh yeah im hungry, mabe I,ll have Mexican.. no, fried chicken.. yeah,, thats what i,ll have ... fried chicken, or mabe chicken dumplings...... hmmm why can I hear my thoughts out loud... I appear to have no inner monolog....

HAHAHAHAHAHA, dude, this forum probably would've commited suicide without you.

That first remark will be long stuck in my head, LOL :lol: The kid who tried to wash paper plates!!!

I'm still laughing....... :lol:

Probably the most priceless comment in the history of the web.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
grow the hell up you big babies grab a rod and go fishing problem solved okay? :lol: but just to add my opinion ive had times where a certain color works the best.. id like to say different but i do have those days at JCP,town lake,detroit etc

Last edited: