Siuslaw info

R
rum runner
im going to be hunting around the siuslaw this weekend and was looking into salmon reports but not much there but is there any ok fishing above tide water rite now? and where would be a good place to try to find fish and would there be any thing up around whittaker cr. or do i need to be on the north fork to get into salmon? thanks for any info.

Last edited:
M
mikeredding
What few fish have come in all are still low in the tidewater. Too early still.

D
DYJ
If I was gonna fish the Siuslaw (and not from a boat) right now I would throw spinners from the rocks on Rhododendron Drive or the South Jetty. Nothing is very far up river yet.

R
rum runner
thanks for the info

R
rippin fish lips
DYJ said:
If I was gonna fish the Siuslaw (and not from a boat) right now I would throw spinners from the rocks on Rhododendron Drive Nothing is very far up river yet.

This is where i would go if i were you rum runner. its your best chance at a fish there.

J
JeannaJigs
Ditto on the rocks off rhody. Also, just for those that don't know, the siuslaw is closed above the confluence of lake creek, and lake creek is not open either for salmon fishing, so a big no-go on fishing around Whittaker.

R
rum runner
thanks again for the info. i just got the online regs to work and also saw the cut off on fishing boundaries but thanks for the heads up an ill half to get some big spinners and a spoon or 2 and go check out them spots. thanks again

R
rippin fish lips
rum runner said:
thanks again for the info. i just got the online regs to work and also saw the cut off on fishing boundaries but thanks for the heads up an ill half to get some big spinners and a spoon or 2 and go check out them spots. thanks again

There is a guy there that sells home made spinners that are designed for that river and that area. Everyone there is casting them and they all catch fish. I asked the guy if i could check them out just for looks and he showed me a couple of his best producing spinners. They are amazing looking.

Although i wouldn't hesitate on ordering up some KND sprocket spinners. The fish never seen them there before.

D
DYJ
North County Lures is who he's referring to. If you want to fish his stuff you can buy it at the Mapleton Store or Mizama's here in town.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
DYJ said:
North County Lures is who he's referring to. If you want to fish his stuff you can buy it at the Mapleton Store or Mizama's here in town.

they also have a big supply/variety at the 'Sportsman' on 101 in Florence near the bridge and also a few now at the BiMart at the north end of Florence.

his 'pink bell hootchie' is killer for coho....great lures

H
hawgslayer
And don't forget the Bridgeport Market right next to the boat launch downtown !!!

R
rum runner
i got a bunch of spinners for coho and nooks my fav coho spinner is a blue panther martin in a #16 i got 4 of them in 5 casts with it last year in wa. and a cppl blue fox ones and some fish house ones i got are killers also. but i will get a few of them other ones you all are talking about and pitch them to!