Siltcoos perch

B
bythesea
was kinda slow, I definitely missed :mad: more then I caught. got enough for a fish stick dinner though :D

DSCN0025.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: C_Run
troutdude
troutdude
Fish sticks aren't half bad. Using bait?

B
bythesea
troutdude said:
Fish sticks aren't half bad. Using bait?

ya ,sandshrimp tails the perch love'em

troutdude
troutdude
Didn't know that. Very cool. Got a bunch w/ bobbers and worms, many years ago (out in a boat). I need to get back down there sometime; and I'll include sandshrimp tails in my bait box! Thanks.

G
gmcnair
Was the surf down or was it till rough? What were ya using?

B
bythesea
gmcnair said:
Was the surf down or was it till rough? What were ya using?

It was a little rough then...(sandshrimp)...But,I think I'm going to go give it another shot tomorrow the swells are supposed to be down to around 8' :dance:

C
CoastieFlo
hey have u seen those new surf rods they got at Freddy's? They are like "Black Thunder" or something like that....something like 30 bucks and they dont look half bad for perchies or maybe some bass. I wish I had went out today-Sunday (yesterday actually) it turned really nice and sunny.

G
gmcnair
How was the fishing? Seems like when the surf is too high the fish are hard to find. I haven't been out yet this year, but will give it a try soon.

G
gmcnair
light rod

light rod

I haven't seen the new rods at Freds but will look. My brother made me a rod and it works great. The rod can handle plenty of lead when needed but is light enough so my arm doesn't wear out.

B
bythesea
gmcnair said:
I haven't seen the new rods at Freds but will look. My brother made me a rod and it works great. The rod can handle plenty of lead when needed but is light enough so my arm doesn't wear out.

I haven't seen 'em either I'll look,hey your making me look bad with this pic:lol:what time of the year was it ? good look'en pole I have a 10$ pole I use its my sandshrimp pole the pole and reel allways smell like sandshrimp even after cleaning I also use it when I'm fishing for greenling.as for monday I didn't get out:mad:the weather said possible snow W/rain and 15kt winds put 'em all together And it makes for a miserable morning on the beach.then It turns out to not be half bad but high tide was in the morn so it was to late to go pump shrimp.oh well I'll be back out soon enough...........p.s. I went and checked out the pole it's black beauty $29 actually if I wanted a long surfpole thats the one I would buy.I just about did,I hadn't seen that style of surf rod before.

Last edited:
G
gmcnair
This fish were caught last Spring in April or May. Every day wan't like that and usually have to hunt for the school.

I haven't been out this year yet. Where are you located?