Sea-run cutthroat

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
I'm currently waiting for the SRC run to start on the Cowlitz. Last year they were getting them up to 20+ inches

M
Mutiny
Went out again this morning. Fished from about 6:30-12:30.
I worked 3 spots along the river and c&r 6 cutthroat 12" or over as well as a couple cuts and one rainbow in the 10"-12" range. I believe all of the cutthroat were sea run. The largest of the day was 16" (I measured the net when I got home)
I lost two large fish that I would estimate between 15" and 20" although I did not get a good look at either.
Here are some photos. I was by myself today so the quality is not very good. mu2eba8e.jpgu8atysu5.jpga5u5e3uz.jpgygenybu6.jpge6asyna7.jpg8y8etyhu.jpgajuhedeb.jpg

troutdude
troutdude
Got some purty feesh right there.

S
Stonefish
Nice work on the cutts Mutiny.

I
IPAbrewer1014
With this potential rain looming this next week would the fishing on the Wilson still be good? I am a new fly fisherman and would love to find some pretty trout. Thinking about making the trip on wednesday.

D
DrTheopolis
IPAbrewer1014 said:
With this potential rain looming this next week would the fishing on the Wilson still be good? I am a new fly fisherman and would love to find some pretty trout. Thinking about making the trip on wednesday.

Unless some radical deluge besets the area, I think you'd be happy with a Wednesday trip.

A
amnis
nice!!