Salmon River salmon fishing

F
fishingfool
I was wondering if anyone knew if the salmon river is open for salmon fishing yet I live in canby or and want to go to Otis to fish for salmon but I don't want to drive that far for it to be closed any help is greatly appreciated thanks all and tight lines:peace:

D
DrTheopolis
Try here -- http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/fishing/.

Probably better than asking internet strangers that don't pay your fines.

That said, I'm pretty sure it's closed, and they don't get much of a spring/summer run to speak of, anyway. Go up the road to the Nestucca.

brandon4455
brandon4455
The river does not have a full run of spring chinook or summer steelhead,just strays from nearby rivers. The earliest you will find fish is nooks riding the tide in august waiting for rain. THe river is open for trout right now though.

i would go to the nestucca if you want a shot at some salmon,fishing has been good

D
DrTheopolis
To add to what Brandon said, the Salmon is a good early season Chinook river, which I've always assumed was due to lack of a proper bay for them to stage up.

O
OnTheDrop
There's no Salmon in the Salmon river. Try the stinking Stuccy. There's a couple in there.

D
DrTheopolis
So, the prevailing opinion is that in that area, it's better to head to the Tuc.

3 internet scrubs couldn't possibly be wrong.

O
OnTheDrop
DrTheopolis said:
So, the prevailing opinion is that in that area, it's better to head to the Tuc.

3 internet scrubs couldn't possibly be wrong.

Ha, Yesss.

On second note, for anyone reading this, there is also no Salmon there in the fall! Absolutely none!

:peace::peace::peace:

brandon4455
brandon4455
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Ha, Yesss.

On second note, for anyone reading this, there is also no Salmon there in the fall! Absolutely none!

:peace::peace::peace:

this. the run sucks arse and they all get dark the minute they get above tidewater.Plus the locals will run you off

the fishing sucks at best, especially when you try a bobber and big beefy salmon jig. ;)

O
OnTheDrop
brandon4455 said:
this. the run sucks arse and they all get dark the minute they get above tidewater.Plus the locals will run you off

the fishing sucks at best, especially when you try a bobber and big beefy salmon jig. ;)

One place on the north Oregon coast where I truly don't feel comfortable fishing with the locals...

Tidewater there is kind of scary. Lot of screaming...Buncha fu$&@$ dip sh@&&.

I did witness 40 bobber downs on a tide change within 30 minutes one time.. It's not worth it for me though. Ha

brandon4455
brandon4455
SteelmonKiller20 said:
One place on the north Oregon coast where I truly don't feel comfortable fishing with the locals...

Tidewater there is kind of scary. Lot of screaming...Buncha fu$&@$ dip sh@&&.

I did witness 40 bobber downs on a tide change within 30 minutes one time.. It's not worth it for me though. Ha

one day i was babbling about how happy i was they banned the flossing tackle on that river last september and at the same time 2 guys walked up rigged with corkies and yarn ready to plunk.

needless to say those 2 locals were not very happy LOL

D
DrTheopolis
If you want to fish for the fall boys in tidewater there, you better like mud. Lots and lots of mud.

brandon4455
brandon4455
and the seals. lots and lots of fish stealing seals.