Salmon report

11fisherman
I have never fished this area before. Huard some good reports on trask and Wilson rivers. I am going to head that way November 17th and stay for a week and see what i can do. I have a sled and have fished for salmon for years. Was wondering if anyone could suggest a good place to stay with kitchen. If its worth trolling the bay or stick to the rivers. Thank you,

M
Modest_Man
All the fish I saw this weekend probably should have been released. Lots of people killing dark wild hens just for eggs. Only saw 2-3 brighter fish that would eat well, and even those were definitely not "chrome".

S
skunk
They do really tend to turn fast on the coast. Seems like its a fine line between letting it go and keeping it. I kept one smaller nook, was really almost bright and the way it cut I'll be letting them swim from now on. I have good luck on craigslist finding rentals that are affordable when I hit the coast.

D
DirectDrive
11fisherman said:
I have never fished this area before. Huard some good reports on trask and Wilson rivers. I am going to head that way November 17th and stay for a week and see what i can do. I have a sled and have fished for salmon for years. Was wondering if anyone could suggest a good place to stay with kitchen. If its worth trolling the bay or stick to the rivers. Thank you,
You can still get a bright Chinook since these rivers have fresh fish coming in all through the Fall.
I've seen bright Chinook come out of the Wilson in December.
True, there will be dark ones aplenty that came in earlier.

Lodging and restaurants are two of Tillamook's not-so-strong points.
IMO, Mar Clair is a dump and the Shiloh is expensive and marginal.

Stayed in the little town to the south, Netarts, at The Terrimore and it was older but not bad.
Boat parking was a little tricky but I managed.

If I was going for a week I would look into a "vacation rental" rather than a motel.
Coming home to a "home" would be a good thing.

11fisherman
Thank you very much for info, i am going to give it my all next week.