Running diver and bait for springers

B
BobberDawg
Any tips and tricks to running divers and bait for Springers out there ? :thumb:

S
Steelheader4Life
The only trick is to have good, fresh bait. Other than that it's all the basic setup.

J
Jordy
Easiest setup ever. Slider hooked up the diver. Adjust length of leader from slider to diver to float your bait higher if necessary. Back down slowly in the correct water. Diver and bait is all about fresh bait and reading water. Since you arent able to cover a run the same as drift fishing you want your gear to be in front of the fish the first time before they see or hear the boat, especially in low water like we have now.

E
eugene1
Not sure where you are fishing, Bobber, but don't be afraid to run a wrapped kwik in the tribs for nooks.

Sometimes the aggression bite is better than the bait bite.

Good luc

B
BobberDawg
Thanks for all the great info everybody, I've used Kwik fish for falls but never for springers I always bobber fished for them thanks again !!!!

E
eat, sleep, fish
Good eggs with a live sandshrimp is hard to beat behind a diver. I like to run my diver on a 3 way swivel so that it's a lot easier to tell when it gets hung up. 4-6 feet of leader with either a spin n glow or larger corkie to float the bait up off the bottom. I use the Luhr Jenson size 20 diver in your standard 8-15ft deep salmon holes, and like the standard Brad's diver in the shallower travel lanes. And lastly hold on! They will absolutely crush it, and try to rip the rod out of your hands if it's not in a rod holder.

S
sc7206
20150519_103613-1.jpg I caught this one today off #5 bluefin vibrax

J
Jordy
Nice fish.

Another tip I heard that we have implemented over the years is to still run a 4-6 foot leader (or just a 6 foot leader in the water I fish) and cut the leader in half, add a small swivel and a flat black corkie for added buoyancy. In low water like we have now, any depth transition can cause your gear to wander from the strike zone and a second bit of added flotation helps even things out.

S
sc7206
The most I run is a 4ft leader when I'm bouncing the bottom I don't do much bobber. I like spinners and bouncing eggs.20150505_102443-1.jpg I caught this one bouncing the bottom with eggs at carver park right under the bridge a week ago.

B
BobberDawg
SC your killing it!!! both nice fish, I've been tied up working , but hoping to get out with the long weekend coming up