Rod customization help?

T
tonym
So I have a spinning 12' float pole and I don't like all the cork on it. I was thinking of using the linen wrap used on pool cues to wrap the cork. Would this work? Are there any other cheap ways to fancy up the cork handle?

F
FishWhistle
Hey Tony! look into multi color and then multi layer strips of shrink tubing. You can use a clear tubing for a base then strips of your fav. colors (like rubber bands). I just finished a 18ft spey pole using a Shakespeare "Wonder Pole' blank. PM me if needed. Good luck on your project. Fw "Officer the tug was the drug" Tony Lincoln City

F
fish4life
What about rod wraps?

S
steelheadstalker31
I would't add to much to the cork in the way of wraps, as it will increase the weight of the rod. Cork is very easy to shape with sand paper. You could change the shape to fit your hand.

T
tonym
I've looked at th wraps and they are pretty ugly. Removing cork would mess with the balance and I wouldn't want to hold a twelve foot pole that's top heavy. I'm thinking I'll spray paint the cork, cover it in clear shrink tube, design the tube with sharpie then put on a second layer of clear.

18406ej
18406ej
I had my cork polished and chromed. It looked pretty good until the Sun came out and that was how Lasik eye surgery was discovered.

EJ

T
tonym
Lol you really chromed your cork? Maybe I should gold plate mine :lol:

Reactions: 18406ej