Rock fish and salmon

T
TJR_84
I went out of Newport yesterday fishing the jetty, about my 3rd drift down the rocks i hooked up with a nice 25lb chinook!!! I was not expecting that. she was clipped so she got bled and put on ice. The ocean was calm so i got out and fished some structures down south of newport caught a couple sea bass and some small lings. Not a bad day in all. Got back to the dock around 2:30.Found a boat selling some fresh tuna so i got 2. Spent the next hour cleaning fish. Tuna is tough to fillet. I will post pictures soon!!!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Good day of fishing! And to top it off fresh Tuna! Nice :D

D
DYJ
nook, ling and tuna.... that's my favorite three eating fish right there. That's a great day...

E
eugene1
Nice to hear people gettin into the salmon up North!

congrats on the catches,

C
CoastieFlo
You dont fillet Tuna, you loin it...that might have been the problem :)

F
flocaster
TJR_84 said:
I went out of Newport yesterday fishing the jetty, about my 3rd drift down the rocks i hooked up with a nice 25lb chinook!!! I was not expecting that. she was clipped so she got bled and put on ice. The ocean was calm so i got out and fished some structures down south of newport caught a couple sea bass and some small lings. Not a bad day in all. Got back to the dock around 2:30.Found a boat selling some fresh tuna so i got 2. Spent the next hour cleaning fish. Tuna is tough to fillet. I will post pictures soon!!!

I'm gonna have to try drifting gear along the jetty here on the slaw next chance I get. I take it you were drifting herring under a float?

T
TJR_84
I was casting jigs towards the rocks and jigging for rock fish. I had on a 5" curl tail grub black in color and she slammed it.