Report: stolen 13 foot Sylvan aluminum Honda 20 hp motor

H
HereFishy
FishLife89 said:
Hey I just wanted to say thank you to everyone. It really sucks and I totally feel violated since it was right in front of my house. I'm not going to assume I'll see it in one piece. If anyone knows of any boats around the 4,000-6,000 range let me know I won't let these a holes keep me off the water. This boat had a lot of sentimental value to me but things happen and people suck. Thanks again everyone for keeping your eyes peeled.

Cam

Funny you should ask.. Because $4000-$6000 is the exact price I want for my boat. Just joking. Sorry again man. Not sure if this helps, but you can use my boat any time you want. It's only a 12 footer and doesn't have a motor yet. But she gets the job done. I'm in Salem so it might be a cruise and a half to come borrow it. But if I'm not physically sitting in it, help yourself.. Let me know..

F
FishLife89
eugene1 said:
I was thinking about your stolen boat on and off all day, FishLife! What a bummer it was stolen first, but on all days the one you get up early and planning to go fish it!! Sickening.

If someone stole my boat (my baby- I don't have kids, I have a boat) I'd lose it! Sounds like you had a lock on it at least, but they can be bypassed. Heads up to all boat owners from this incident anyway, keep your boat out of sight if possible or maybe drape some heavy logging chain around the wheels with a couple of locks for some added deterrence from the ever present tweaker army. I keep mine in the garage and feel like I'm lucky to be able to do so, when on an overnight fishing trip, I break out lots of chain and wrap the boat and engines up tighter than a wrapped K15 kwikie. My buddies think I'm paranoid and I suppose I am. I still sleep poorly on those nights, but at least there's lots of chain that makes NOISE if someone is messing with it.

Glad you have some guys keeping an eye out for it up there. I heard that you can notify the outboard company (Honda in your case), and if the engine comes in for whatever reason they can spot that it's stolen. Worth looking into.

If I still lived in the EUG, you'd be the next guy I invited out fishing for those nooks at the coast.

Best,

hey thanks a lot man. I really appreciate your sympathy.it did feel like I lost a huge part of me. But like I said its not going to keep me off the water. Thanks again to everyone!!

Cam

F
FishLife89
HereFishy said:
Funny you should ask.. Because $4000-$6000 is the exact price I want for my boat. Just joking. Sorry again man. Not sure if this helps, but you can use my boat any time you want. It's only a 12 footer and doesn't have a motor yet. But she gets the job done. I'm in Salem so it might be a cruise and a half to come borrow it. But if I'm not physically sitting in it, help yourself.. Let me know..

Thanks a lot that's very kind of you. I really think you guys are great people on here. Glad to be apart of this forum!!

Cam

Casting Call
Casting Call
My net-working turned up a jon boat with a O/B jet motor. The lic. year tag was scrapped off on both sides. Any help to anyone? CC