Polar Shrimp Steelhead Fly

troutdude
troutdude
I was just doing some research, on Clarence Shoff and the history of Lamiglas...and I came across this fly. It was reputedly first tied by Clarence. Has anyone tied / used any of these?

Polar Shrimp Steelhead Fly.jpg

Last edited:
F
FlyBum
Another one of the classic hair-winged wet flies. Along the lines of the Green-butt skunk, Buck tail Coachman and many others. Easy tie, but I haven't used them, but some of the classics are timeless and variations of the originals are more then fun to create. However, the fish will be the final judges! :)

N
nativefish
looks deadly to me. Looks like a great contrast of colors there.

F
FlyBum
Well, since my girlfriend, or should I say my newest X-girlfriend dumped me this morning because I fish too much. I thought I'd tie this up tonight since I'm not chasing her tail around. Over hackled, just the way I like it, something about when a hackle lays down so nice I don't want to stop. The damned thing about this pattern is all the bright colors, it's hard to get a decent picture of this thing. So this is my variation of this classic pattern:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
E
eggs
Bro really... she couldn't get over that... lame... nice looking fly though!

F
FlyBum
Ya! So once again back out there ladies, I'm available now if you want to fish!

H
halibuthitman
FlyBum said:
Ya! So once again back out there ladies, I'm available now if you want to fish!
well, I,ll admit you made my heart "flutter"

H
halibuthitman
they are all renditions of the hairwing flies Mr Wulff brought to the Big D in the 30's.... not much of an invention, more of a bringing and old dress back with a trendy color-

F
FlyBum
halibuthitman said:
they are all renditions of the hairwing flies Mr Wulff brought to the Big D in the 30's.... not much of an invention, more of a bringing and old dress back with a trendy color-

Kinda like putting "lipstick on a pig"! Whoever tied that fly in the original post pic sure didn't do a good job. Would have tied it closer to the specs but I don't have that chenille on hand, I do have some PB around somewhere though. I was just bored and looking for something to do! Bobbydoll, hit me up.

A
alm21
FlyBum said:
Well, since my girlfriend, or should I say my newest X-girlfriend dumped me this morning because I fish too much.

It's a good thing I'm married with kids otherwise my wife would've dumped me by now for the same reason! I guess divorce is a bigger pain in the a** than my fishing habit. :)

F
FlyBum
Here ya go!! I can relate to this one!!

S
steelhead_slayer
alm21 said:
It's a good thing I'm married with kids otherwise my wife would've dumped me by now for the same reason! I guess divorce is a bigger pain in the a** than my fishing habit. :)

yeah that

F
FlyBum
I don't think I'll ever get married though!