Opinions wanted, not a thread for huggy lovey lets get along crap

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
thats just stupid jim... everyone knows that aluminum is an element, so natural... now glass drift boats....get em outta there! and no flies like the one in your avatar... what the hell is that thing...looks like Andy Warhol barfed on your tying bench! ( for all of you youngsters ( flybum ) A. W was a guy that did REALLY shipoopy pop art, art that looks like the stuff my two year old daughter makes while eating toast )

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
F
FishFiddle
They ought to outlaw those stupid looking British driving hats! Those things are UGLY! Everyone knows the only good thing coming from the British Isles is some nice fishing gear and certain kind of whiskey.

O
OnTheFly
I think there should be legions of thought police patrolling the flyfish only waterways to question all fly fishermen to make sure they truly have spiritual ideals about the sport. Oh yeah, and tippet larger than 6X should be outlawed and also make fly reel manufacturers design reels without drag systems.

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
thats just stupid jim... everyone knows that aluminum is an element, so natural... now glass drift boats....get em outta there! and no flies like the one in your avatar... what the hell is that thing...looks like Andy Warhol barfed on your tying bench! ( for all of you youngsters ( flybum ) A. W was a guy that did REALLY shipoopy pop art, art that looks like the stuff my two year old daughter makes while eating toast )
It's called a Steven Tyler.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
M
Mad dog
halibuthitman said:
So today I had the joy of having a conversation with a rather famous writer/flyfisherman... and the subject of beads came up.. yeah that old chestnut,he said beads are for lazy newbies, so I said " well if your gonna throw a truck and trailer set-up under a thingamabobber on a boron rod you might as well use bait" and he hung up on me... Im just a dirty beader I guess, but if you can't take the heat... stay out of the kitchen. So, if you had to pick one fly or aspect of flyfishing that you had to vote to make illegal for fly only water... what would it be? I pick foam on dryflies- please do not be insulting in your responses in this thread, but being passionate is a virtue I do not wish for you to restrain-

Rather famous huh.....Oh boy!

I think a Rorschach test of sorts....only designed for flyfishermen!!! I'm sure a high % would fail the Minnesota crazy test....Yes, my head is hollow!!!! Yep!!! You would have to be a card carrying qualified angler to fish fly only water....no crazy allowed! It blows my mind that flyfishermen don't even like each other!

The Steamboater's have run just about everyone else off the North river!

E
eggs
I say outlaw anything that isn't pure and natural on fly only water.. silk/horse tail lines, bamboo rods only, no synthetic fly materials or bobbed/strike indicator ... anything developed since 1930's can't be used.. even wader and wading boots apply.

S
Sinkline
eggs said:
I say outlaw anything that isn't pure and natural on fly only water.. silk/horse tail lines, bamboo rods only, no synthetic fly materials or bobbed/strike indicator ... anything developed since 1930's can't be used.. even wader and wading boots apply.

That puts me off the water! :lol:

Randy

H
halibuthitman
Ive fished a lot of so called "world class" fly water, and have never met a more boring or un inspiring group of fishers than the N Umpqua double hander cult... makes the guys over on the big D look like Hospitality majors-

M
Mad dog
halibuthitman said:
Ive fished a lot of so called "world class" fly water, and have never met a more boring or un inspiring group of fishers than the N Umpqua double hander cult... makes the guys over on the big D look like Hospitality majors-

Did not like the indicator fishermen on their water, that is for sure!!! :rolleyes:

O
OnTheFly
....and none of those zip up the front waders either. Makes me think of something designed for Victoria Secrets or for men who can't hold their beer.

Last edited:
S
Sinkline
OnTheFly said:
....and non of these zip up the front waders either. Makes me think of something designed for Victoria Secrets or for men who can't hold their beer.

I wish they made something a man could just fit on his "spigot" (sorry ladies) where ya could just pee in your waders! I would be all over that great flyfishing product!

Randy

O
OnTheFly
Sinkline said:
That puts me off the water! :lol:

Randy
No Randy you're good! Eggs said anything developed since 1930 can't be used.:D;)jk

F
FlyBum
halibuthitman said:

Thanks, but the only hospitable thing about me is I'll let you fish above me 100 yards (sometimes) :) Plus, Andy Warhol is right up there with some of my favorites like Jackson Pollock. Reminds me of when I used to drink and what I'd wakeup to in front of the tent on the ground, or in the chair, or on the table, or on your waders, or in your coffee cup! I also think we should do away with sent juice used to douche up egg patterns, that smelly jelly stuff reminds me of some of the college girls that were promptly kicked out of bed.

F
Flymstr
Wow you guys are ripping everything that I love. I wear a so called Lanyard and also a vest and I use split shot, and my waders have a zipper, not because I can't hold my beer, but because I don't want to have to get undressed to fn pee, but what the F. I catch a **** load of fish and I don't give a shiz what you all think. As far as fly only water I agree that split shot is a no go, and foam is crap. Those two handers are a very boring self centered fishermen?? Most of them won't even give you the time of day if you just say hey to them. I will throw a bead under a thingamabobber all day long if it is catching fish. One thing I have never understood is why the hell all the controversy over fishing anyway. If u can catch them the way you like to fish then screw those na Sayers. I have been in a lot of heated arguments over fishing and fishing styles and I have to say that at the end of the day what you have done is gone fishing, isn't hat enough. I don't like those that litter their gear all over the river and the woods, but that is not only gear guys but fly guys also. Those fly guys don't think they litter but I would bet all those 2 or 3 foot sections of leader they leave behind several times a day on the banks adds up over time.

F
FlyBum
Flymstr said:
Wow you guys are ripping everything that I love. I wear a so called Lanyard and also a vest and I use split shot, and my waders have a zipper, not because I can't hold my beer, but because I don't want to have to get undressed to fn pee, but what the F. I catch a **** load of fish and I don't give a shiz what you all think. As far as fly only water I agree that split shot is a no go, and foam is crap. Those two handers are a very boring self centered fishermen?? Most of them won't even give you the time of day if you just say hey to them. I will throw a bead under a thingamabobber all day long if it is catching fish. One thing I have never understood is why the hell all the controversy over fishing anyway. If u can catch them the way you like to fish then screw those na Sayers. I have been in a lot of heated arguments over fishing and fishing styles and I have to say that at the end of the day what you have done is gone fishing, isn't hat enough. I don't like those that litter their gear all over the river and the woods, but that is not only gear guys but fly guys also. Those fly guys don't think they litter but I would bet all those 2 or 3 foot sections of leader they leave behind several times a day on the banks adds up over time.

WOW! Apparently you are having a hard time differentiating between Sarcasm and some actuality. Take a chill pill plez :)

Irishrover
Irishrover
Strike indicators aka bobbers should not be allowed. They take the fun out of nymph fishing. Hooking a fish on a nymph should be a complete and total surprise. People should be enjoying the view on the river and even daydreaming a bit, not looking at some floating thing attached to a fly line. Strike indicators have actual been responsable for a few fisherman falling into the water causing near drownings. Folks get a sort of vertigo from intense staring at those things, then bam, they are in the water and over their heads. At a minimum folks who use strike indicators should wear a full life vest. Once on the Crooked River I saw three guys fall in one day. ;)

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
Hey Flymstr, go back and look at the OP. Make sence now?;) Just say'n. And watch out for Irishrover...he packs a spey rod and he knows how to use it!

H
hvacr1
I'll go for getting rid of the flyfisheman persona that I see out on the water from some individuals (not all). However I will say its not nearly as bad as what I have seen in Colorado which is where I am from. I know you all have seen it before. I can describe if anyone would like to hear lol haha.

H
halibuthitman
Flymstr said:
whoooa, If you read the firts post you would know the precurser to this post was me having a nice fun conversation with someone I thought was above this very kind of ****... and he became insulting to the bead culture I reside in, so I slammed his in a joke.. poor baby couldn't take it, this forum has been very boring lately and I wanted to see a thread people could have fun with, and everyone knows if you want to see a conversation go nuts bring up personal views in fly fishing... its all in fun, more or less making fun of ourselves as a group effort.. this thread should not be taken personal. a lot of folks think religion and politics should never be talked about in a bar becouse its too passionate and controversal, there has never been a more controversial or opinionated topic in history as how to catch a fish right... so this thread didn't start it, but it mocks it.... I wear zipper waders, throw shot, swing chickens, drift thingamabobbers drink beer and sometimes wear a funny hat, but no matter what anyone says... a lanyard with 6 spools of tippet a knot tier, pliers, floatant, sinkant, sunglasses two empty film containers that used to be full of weed, a lighter and 14 other things is gay.... big fat man huggin gay- this is a thread about making fun of our own... and ourselves, and the hypocracy of telling anyone how they can fish.... sorry if that offends anybody-

H
hvacr1
couldn't have said it better myself

Top Bottom