Opinions on the Teeny Nymph

S
skunk
halibuthitman said:
well there ya go then... I don't like the fella much either, but frankly this burning hatered for flossing in a country that still allows barbed hooks, drift fishing and worms is tiresome, boring and stupid... high-jack over-

Haha, I like how you included worms in there!

Reactions: eggs
E
eggs
It was the first fly I tied... never fished one and tied just that one... I should tie up a few in color for winters and maybe a bead head ones...

Reactions: OnTheFly
J
jimmy
I was really hopeing this thread was going to properly derail. . . dammit...

the 'teeny-style' is a good fly, easy, quick, buggy. Anyone can tie em and fish eat em....

btw. . who was the fan of J. Teeny? just wondering...

troutdude
troutdude
skunk said:
Haha, I like how you included worms in there!

I'm pretty sure that the worms liked that comment too! Fewer "burials at sea", for them to attend.

I'm a fan of his fly pattern!!! They work!!!

This pattern, by the way, is known around the world. In fact, it was even published in this book printed in London (lower left-hand corner, pg. 118):

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
Markcanby said:
In Brandon's defence he is just a dumb kid repeating words from his hero that from time to time can be brash an ignorant.

and who are you referring to mark??have you been eating that bitter pill again??

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
Markcanby said:
In Brandon's defence he is just a dumb kid repeating words from his hero that from time to time can be brash an ignorant.
i know your just trying to get me banned. not taking the bait jerk. im outta this 1.

a bit of an edit under this comment. please keep it to yourself next time i'm pretty sure mods are suppose to prevent this stuff not cause it

Last edited:
Irishrover
Irishrover
eggs said:
It was the first fly I tied... never fished one and tied just that one... I should tie up a few in color for winters and maybe a bead head ones...
I remember drinking a few Jamesons that night and trying to tie that patttern. They are easier to tie without the Jameson.....just need to round up a few pheaseants. I have fished the pattern on the Salmon River site fishing for steelhead, not much luck but I don't blame the pattern.

Reactions: OnTheFly and eggs
L
lilsalmon
Markcanby said:

I don't want to hijack either and I don't want to start anything but.......Mark, really....did you really say that? Your a moderator you should show a bit more discretion....that was a bit child like.

Reactions: bigsteel and eggs
troutdude
troutdude
lilsalmon said:
Your a moderator you should show a bit more discretion....that was a bit child like.

I can't condone the libelous/slanderous comment that was made earlier. And frankly, mud slinging of any kind does not belong on here.

But, I thought that Mark's comment went even further than being childish (although it's definitely "all that"). What a stupid thing to say. Especially from someone in a Moderator's position.

C'mon Mark, you can (and have) done way better than that! Let's ramp it back up a notch, eh?

'Nuff said. Now, back to the Teeny DESIGN...

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Mark?

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Really?

Reactions: bigsteel
E
eggs
Hmm how did a rumor about teeny turn into this??

Reactions: bigsteel
S
skunk
Too much rain all at once. Everyone's getting cabin fever!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:shock: :shock: HOLY
GUACAMOLE
!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Me thinks y'all need to get out of the house and do something productive...
Save the drama for yer Momma and quit with the lil brat tantrums,already. :naughty::naughty:

E
eggs
Irishrover said:
I remember drinking a few Jamesons that night and trying to tie that patttern. They are easier to tie without the Jameson.....just need to round up a few pheaseants. I have fished the pattern on the Salmon River site fishing for steelhead, not much luck but I don't blame the pattern.

fly swap time.. maybe we need more Jamesons!