one more today and we are done for 2012!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
break in the weather this morning, hit Siltcoos again to see if we could keep our streak going, but try as I might, I just could not get a coho to hook up on my fly pole..tried flies, spoons and spinners for several hours..maybe next year.

I should mention that just minutes after we started fishing, my wife, using a #4 black spinner again, hooked a good one that ran straight for the boat where we then had a lengthy battle right beside and under the boat, this fish did not want to be netted but we smoothly worked through probably 8 false nettings and finally it did what we all love to see- it paused at the surface for me to easily slide the net under...28" 8# buck.

and with this fish, our 2012 fishing/boating season is complete after adding ~35 pounds of Coho the last 3 days, we are not tagged out but need to leave for Arizona (with lots of our salmon catch going with us kept frozen with dry ice....). tight lines and clean nettings! roger

troutdude
troutdude
Woot woot! Another Ho bites the Arizona dust! Or, should I say a BLACK spinner!

Have a safe journey, and enjoy your FEESH!

O
OnTheDrop
X2. Way to come slay.

E
eugene1
Awesome way to go out buddy! Getting a fish to the boat on Siltcoos is good in my book.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
eugene1 said:
Awesome way to go out buddy! Getting a fish to the boat on Siltcoos is good in my book.

thanks, I don't mind admitting that we put in many days last October getting to know Siltcoos and how the fish 'pulse' through it, with only a Jack to show for our efforts, but we left before the good rain hit in early Nov., I still have a lot to learn...

..but really nice to have some success at Siltcoos this year and to know that we are staying through the winter next year so no worries about wrapping up our fishing at the end of Oct. in 2013...

and really fantastic is that next year, it is clear, I will be getting lots more experience using the net for 2 great reasons: someone very close to me has salmon fever and is done handing the fishing poles to me! :clap::clap::clap: and I plan to get a kayak with room up front for my next Black Lab (who I will not ask to help with netting)....:D:D:D

M
mikeredding
Holy smokes, somebody get a bucket of water because these guys are on fire!!
Way to go Miss Rogerdodger..