North Fork Nehalem

S
smoky
I went out last Friday and fished the north fork Nehalem river right below the hatchery was a good day of fishing for everyone else and there a lot of people out there. but for some reason me and my buddy got skunked. not even a bit. we lost probably close to 50 dollars in gear I guess were just not doing something right. but there is definitely fish in the river I guess you just have to know how to catch them.

S
Seahawkfan
Try a black and chrome corky with a red bead and some white yarn.

J
JonT
$50 lost in gear? I'd quit.

S
smoky
Well combined we lost 50 and it was his first time going he lost 2 setups in the first 15 minutes

T
Tacomasteelheader
try looking into some steelhead tactics that wont get hung up like 1/8 inch pencil lead or bobber and bead

T
troutmasta
Ya you should be drift fishing, if you try hard you can lose 10 bucks in drift gear in a day max. If you try real hard.

N
Native Fisher
troutmasta said:
Ya you should be drift fishing, if you try hard you can lose 10 bucks in drift gear in a day max. If you try real hard.

If someone is new to fishing drift fishing is probably the hardest technique to learn, way to frustrating for most folks, not to mention it yields less results in many conditions then bobber fishing. Unless your casting into the trees or dredging the bottom you shouldnt loose any gear bobber fishing.