New boat questions

atjohnson1111
atjohnson1111
Fairly new to OFF but I do have a few questions regarding a boat I had recently bought in May of 2013.

Do I need to get it registered? I bought it with a trolling motor on it but I wont be using it until I can afford the right battery for it. How do I register it? I have two titles with it that have been signed off for transfer and a bill of sale from the guy I bought it from. anything y'all could do to help would be great!

AT

• IMG_1952.jpg
E
eugene1
You need to register it if it's motorized. Keep all those titles and bill of sale.

Oregon state Marine Board is where you should check out.

F
FishFinger
If the title transfer date and/or bill of sale are more that 30 days the marine board will knick you an addition $25 to the cost to put the boat in your name. They are faster than DMV when it comes to issuing tags and titles.

Reactions: waco
M
mikeee2362
I have a Walmart marine battery I bought for my trolling motor, but I didn't bring the motor out here when I moved, and I dont have a boat right now. It's never been used. I paid $ 84.00 for it. $50 bucks and it's yours. PM me if you want it. If he doesn't want it, first $50 takes it.

M
mikeee2362
Geez... sorry, didn't mean to Jack your thread.

Reactions: Chromatose
Chromatose
Chromatose
Good on you Mike for that OFFer!!! 1 rep point comin at ya!!