Need advice

G
gjonesjr
what up all ,so i live in Springfield and wanted to do some steel head fishing,where would be the closest system i could hit any advice would be appreciated

brandon4455
brandon4455
i do believe that would be the siuslaw/lake creek system. i don't know much about that area but i know for a fact a few people here do.

K
Kevinb5688
Drive over to whitaker creek and fish that. ( its on the way to florence before the gingerbread house) there are big signs and you can find it on the web. Just dont use my spelling it sucks. ;)
It gets a few people there so go early. My advice is pick a river and learn every spot on it. It may take a year or two but if you can find less crowded holes, private property, or learn the bottom, you will catch a lot more fish.
I used to live in springfield and i caught a lot of fish right behind roaring rapids pizza. There is a big park across river from it and you can fish all of that without more than 5 other fisherman being there. Good luck!

G
gjonesjr
sweet thanks guys

J
jawjacker
The two systems I would recommend for winter steelhead that are around an hour away or less is the lower Umpqua around Elkton down to Scottsburg and the Siuslaw/Lake Creek system. There is a ton of bank access and if your timing is right there will be a ton of fish also.

D
DYJ
Yup, I'm also in Spfd off Centennial and I can make it from my door step to Lake Cr in an hour. I can make it to Whitaker and Wildcat in less, but the crowds are normally thick at Whitaker.