Need a nice place to fish for tomorrow, any ideas?

W
WillamiteNewbie
So i'm going out with a friend tomorrow and was wondering if there were any lakes near gladstone that have maybe been stocked recently or not as long as they have been successful lately. just want to get out, relax, and limit out on some fish. i was looking into north fork or harriet maybe. but the last time i fished north fork only caught one, and i was fishing from the dock. don't know any other spots really that are there. and harriet is 40 miles more after north fork so would it be worth it to even go out there? i have a little raft so we can get out in the water. and if all else fails i guess there is the clackamas river to fish. just want to pick up some trout to eat. that is all, thank you.

W
wozniasm
I'm "planning" on Harriet tomorrow with my pontoon. My first trip there.
Have heard the browns are biting but we release the browns since they're wild.
Did here they stocked some 3 pounder hatchery rainbows.
If you go to Harriet, look for a red pontoon...

Closer to home is Estacada Lake. You get to it via McIver State Park - $5 parking fee. Very deep and there's a fishing platform.

NF Reservoir gets stocked the week of Aug 20 - 24.

W
WillamiteNewbie
wozniasm! how did you do today at harriet? want to know. thinking about going there tomorrow. cause my buddy bailed on me today and told me sunday haha. so let me know ASAP! did you go early or in the evening. give me details haha :)

W
WillamiteNewbie
Beautiful day out at harriet lake today. went with a buddy of mine in a little 5ft inflatable boat haha. 12 hours on the lake. fish were jumping and surfacing like crazy. lots of hits, hooked 5 nice size trout, but unfortuanatly was only able to get 3 to the boat. 12 inchers. an amazing way to end my weekend. now i'm totally burnt and am gonna pay for it at work tomorrow haha.

W
wozniasm
WillamiteNewbie said:
Beautiful day out at harriet lake today. went with a buddy of mine in a little 5ft inflatable boat haha. 12 hours on the lake. fish were jumping and surfacing like crazy. lots of hits, hooked 5 nice size trout, but unfortuanatly was only able to get 3 to the boat. 12 inchers. an amazing way to end my weekend. now i'm totally burnt and am gonna pay for it at work tomorrow haha.
Glad you had a good time!
Did my suggestions help?

W
WillamiteNewbie
we tried the bobber method a couple of different times through out the day. nothin. tried just powerbait, nothin. even tried powerbait AND a worm. nothin. but what worked the best was just good ol' fashion worms.

O
OnTheFly
Steve, what did the brown hit on?