Need a fly fishing buddy!!!

S
SteelyStalker12
Good evening everyone!

It has been a while since I have posted but that is because I have finally made my move to Oregon! :dance: So, I live in Junction City now but I have come to realize that I have nobody to fish with.... I don't mean to sound like a loaner but I am not the kind of person who likes to fish by himself for both safety and knowledge issues haha. I dont bite, i brew my own beer and enjoy craft brews, and I can make any 12" trout turn into a 24" trout after a very short story. Long story short, I was curious if anyone here would like to join up one afternoon for a nice day on a river in the area (McKenzie, Willamette, Alsea, Siuslaw, etc, etc.) to chase some trout or, if we are lucky enough, some steelhead or salmon. I would prefer to fish with someone who fly fishes these areas because that is my area of expertise (haha more like failure) and would like tonlearn more about western fly fishing, but I don't discriminate! Anyway, I am restricted at the moment to wading but I am willing to fish in all conditions so if you are interested just shoot me a PM with some contact info and lets set something up!

Stay thirsty my friends!

-Joe

G
grampa ron
Hi Joe, welcome to OFF. If you show up tomorrow at Alton Baker about 10:30 am the state is stocking trout in the canal behind Kowloons restaurant. Look me up.

L
Leon Fish
Welcome! Where'd u move from?

S
SteelyStalker12
Thanks Grandpa Ron and Leonfish,

I moved from Michigan, have had a few posts since that time but I have had many hours trout and steelhead/salmon fishing. I would love to hook into a few more!!! (I will be working with ODFW in a few weeks so I prefer catch and release haha).

-Joe

L
Leon Fish
sounds like a great time!

L
lilsalmon
Welcome! I lived in Michigan for a bit. On the Au Sable. Didn't fly fish back then, tho

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Hey Joe I am also new to the Area (mapleton) and looking to do some fishing but don't have anyone to fish with, i live here on the Siuslaw river and want to learn how to start fly fishing. i am mainly a Bass fisherman but can't seem to land any of those ether :confused: so it is time i take up Salmon fishing,so if you are up to it drop me a email if you want we can meet up and do some catch and release

`Darrin

P
Paul Smith
Though not new to Oregon, I was just promoted and will be heading to the Eugene area sometime in the next few months. I commute from Albany currently, I am an avid Willamette Valley Fly Fisherman, mostly I swing flies for Steelhead. Though very tough and not many fish, when it does happen, you don't forget it!!! I am game to fish most any weekends, and with notice can take time off. I too am restricted to wading, but I love it!!!

The Tug is the Drug, and I'm addicted

H
halibuthitman
lilsalmon said:
Welcome! I lived in Michigan for a bit. On the Au Sable. Didn't fly fish back then, tho

This is practicly a crime.. I would love to fish the ausable.. And it would be even more fun with you rose!

S
SteelyStalker12
Haha the Au Sable is a really nice river, some monster browns, but it gets super busy in the summer (cue the aluminum army)

halibuthitman said:
This is practicly a crime.. I would love to fish the ausable.. And it would be even more fun with you rose!

P.s. Paul, check your pm's! You too lil salmon!

T
troutmasta
SteelyStalker12 said:
Good evening everyone!

It has been a while since I have posted but that is because I have finally made my move to Oregon! :dance: So, I live in Junction City now but I have come to realize that I have nobody to fish with.... I don't mean to sound like a loaner but I am not the kind of person who likes to fish by himself for both safety and knowledge issues haha. I dont bite, i brew my own beer and enjoy craft brews, and I can make any 12" trout turn into a 24" trout after a very short story. Long story short, I was curious if anyone here would like to join up one afternoon for a nice day on a river in the area (McKenzie, Willamette, Alsea, Siuslaw, etc, etc.) to chase some trout or, if we are lucky enough, some steelhead or salmon. I would prefer to fish with someone who fly fishes these areas because that is my area of expertise (haha more like failure) and would like tonlearn more about western fly fishing, but I don't discriminate! Anyway, I am restricted at the moment to wading but I am willing to fish in all conditions so if you are interested just shoot me a PM with some contact info and lets set something up!

Stay thirsty my friends!

-Joe

Shiner Bock!
Thats the ONLY beer they have in texas besides Coors.

good luck on the fishing.

See you ODFW in a year!

L
lilsalmon
halibuthitman said:

hehe...I think of all the water I missed in all of my travels....pre-fly fishing. Especially 8 years in West Yellowstone...grrrr

SteelyStalker12 said:
Haha the Au Sable is a really nice river, some monster browns, but it gets super busy in the summer (cue the aluminum army)

P.s. Paul, check your pm's! You too lil salmon!

Been busy moving....just checked my pm and sent one back

R
RyanHill127
Hi! I just moved up to Oregon a little over a month ago to Sherwood. I moved up from Reno, NV. I spent most my time fly fishing Pyramid Lake for the big Lahontan Cutts. Would love to meet some new fly fishing buddies up here! I've been fishing solo since I moved up!

S
stanster
I'm relatively new to Oregon myself [2 1/2 years] and have done a LITTLE bit of flyfishing. My goal is to become mediocre at it by the time I'm 70 - 5 yrs from now. A coupl eof weeks ago I caught a nice rainbow on a fly about 9 mile ssouth of Florence. I would be happy to hook up with anyone and share my ignorence. I live in Florence.