Mr. Piggy :)

Y
Yogidabear
Dropped my bobber and nightmare Jig right behind A submerged rock 2 feet later bobber down, I thought I had hooked bottom as it never moved for 2 to 3 seconds, then it went crazy. I caught him on my new gloomis 1082s 6-10 light with the stradic c14 3000 shimano reel. 8lb main with 6lb cx leader. I just love this set up. It took 25 minutes to land, three times we had him near the boat only for him to run like a torpedo. finally had to beach the boat get out on and land him. Biggest steelhead I have ever caught 36 long 8 inches accross the widest part guessing 16 + lbs. maybe a fish of a lifetime.

2qi8rvn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Admin
B
bran_man
Pretty good guess on the weight.that's about what I would put that fish at just by looking at.What a great fish! motivates me to get back out there now that I've almost gotten rid of this stupid cold (that I got fishing new years day ha ha) nice work! Sounds like an epic fight! 25 minutes on 6 pound! I believe it!.nice work

S
steelhead_slayer
What a gorgeous fish. I'm going crazy having to wait to chase them, and seeing all you guys slaying it. Congrats though. that jig seems to be money for you

D
dtikey
awsome job Ray and beautifull fish way to go buddy

N
neverbackdown7
Looks like you've got the float fishing thing down! Awesome fish!

B
billfisher
Wow! Thats a BIG fish for 6lb line. That would def be tight line!

S
steelheadstalker31
Beautiful fish. Good job

jamisonace
jamisonace
Wow....I'm impressed that you got that in on 6lb leader. I've lost trout on 6lb leader. Great job.

T
Toyracer38
One word.... WOW!

J
JeannaJigs
Chromeeeee. definitely one to remember.

O
OnTheDrop
Noicceee! I caught my personal best steelhead on a nightmare jig two winters ago on a small creek. 19lbs. I've been convinced ever since that there's no better low water jig. Again, nice fish can't wait to get out there myself. Tight Lines

J
jabs67
Very nice steel!!!!!!! :cool:

M
Mad dog
Excellent fish! What a chromer!!!

I don't know how many times I've seen that in 30+ years of steelhead fishing....sometimes you feel like you cast it right into their mouth!

F
Fish-N-Chips
Yeah buddy!!! Must be some 36 inchers cruising this year(= So far you , phil and I have posted a 36" fish in the last week. Looks like they were all bucks too!! Well done.