Looking for a fishing guide service

B
Bass Ackwards
Want to take my wife and I on a salmon guided fishing trip. Does anyone know of any great fishing guides they could reccomend?

E
eugene1
Any place in particular you want to fish?

Best,

Chromatose
Chromatose
I know of a few, but as eugene1 asked " Any place in particular you want to fish"? North East South or Western Oregon. Or Washington. Do you want a Float trip, or maybe a Boat trip, or just a bank guided trip. Some guides only cover a certain watershed or species. So a bit more information would be needed to point you in the right direction.

J
JeannaJigs
I do not roll with guides because I have a boat and do my own thing, that said...my dad is terrified about being on the water in my boat, he is straight up convinced I'm going to get us killed (he can't swim, wears a life vest fishing on shore). This summer I wanted to get him on some salmon as a retirement/fathers day gift, so I called up Ed fast. He is a straight up awesome dude. He has a no skunk policy that he can tell you about. He put my dad at ease and we were running some big rapids on the sandy. He knows what he's doing and he makes it a fun trip. He guides the nestucca for sure and some other coastal rivers, give him a call and you won't be disappointed. 503.449.0195

J
JeannaJigs
An example of the quality of fish you can get into with Ed, Ed and OFF member Waco.

null_zps5c8a270b.jpg

C
ChezJfrey
JeannaJigs said:
I do not roll with guides because I have a boat and do my own thing, that said...my dad is terrified about being on the water in my boat, he is straight up convinced I'm going to get us killed (he can't swim, wears a life vest fishing on shore). This summer I wanted to get him on some salmon as a retirement/fathers day gift, so I called up Ed fast. He is a straight up awesome dude. He has a no skunk policy that he can tell you about. He put my dad at ease and we were running some big rapids on the sandy. He knows what he's doing and he makes it a fun trip. He guides the nestucca for sure and some other coastal rivers, give him a call and you won't be disappointed. 503.449.0195

Never gone with Ed, but everything I've heard/read about him, is that he is a super star, great guy, fantastic guide, and worth every penny.

T
TimberTodd
I hired Ed for a trip last Oct. I wanted to get my father-in-law who is from South Dakota into some fish. Ed worked hard and we had a blast. I would recommend him.

jamisonace
jamisonace
If you're looking for something between the Siletz and the Umpqua, John Gross of Roaring Fork Guide Service is a solid guide. I've fished with him many times and always faired well.

He'll be moving down to the Elk and Sixes later this month but call him and he'll get you into fish.

Good Luck

jamisonace
jamisonace
I just talked to John and he is killing them on the coast right now. 10 fish days and the biggest was 45lbs. Average was over 20. He has one seat available on Friday.

I know you are looking for 2 seats but if anyone else wants to fill a seat give him a call.

John Gross

A
alm21
I talked with Ed yesterday and he's killing it too. I won't say the numbers because I don't want to set the wrong expectation but it's been limits for sure. He actually has openings next week so I grabbed one (plus I got 3 days with him the following week). It's coastal trib fishing out of the drift boat. $175 per person if two people or $150 per person if three people. You'd be pulling plugs, back bouncing and/or bobber fishing. I don't want to say what river but call him 503-449-0195.

Good luck,
Alex

M
Modest_Man
JeannaJigs said:
An example of the quality of fish you can get into with Ed, Ed and OFF member Waco.

null_zps5c8a270b.jpg

Hey, I took that photo! I'll recommend Ed as well.

D
DrTheopolis
Never met the dude, but the esteem in which he's held pretty well speaks for itself.

W
waco
JeannaJigs said:

null_zps5c8a270b.jpg
That is me!!
X2 Ed is the one to call if you want to fish the northwest coastal rivers!

R
ryank
Ed Fast for sure! He's just damn fun to fish with period! I'm fishing with him on the 20th & the 22nd I can't wait!

J
JeannaJigs
He sure is fun to fish with! Booked another trip for my dad (naturally I have to come along) for the 31st. Looking forward to it, he sure has been putting people on fish this week. It's an unreal run this year all up and down the coast so it's definitely a good year to be getting less fish savvy folk onto some really good quality fish for anyone on the fence about going with a guide or not. I just know my dad will have a good time and get into fish.