Info on Sheridan pond/Huddleston pond

A
AustenW
Hey all, taking my 6 year old on Thursday. Will only be his second time fishing and I'd love to put him on his first fish. Anyone know if either of the ponds have been stocked recently? I don't care if he gets a bass, catfish or trout. Just want to him on his first one.

troutdude
troutdude
@AustenW That pond is only stocked with trout as far as I know. Not sure if there are any other species in there; but there might be. The last trout stocking was 3 weeks ago. So there might be a few left.

A
AustenW
troutdude said:
@AustenW That pond is only stocked with trout as far as I know. Not sure if there are any other species in there; but there might be. The last trout stocking was 3 weeks ago. So there might be a few left.
Gotcha. I've caught several catfish in Huddleston. But Sheridan is only stocked with trout yes. Thanks for the info

troutdude
troutdude
You're welcome. Huddleston is an old mill pond which likely got it's water from the Yamhill River flowing by. So it likely has bass too (in addition to cats). I kinda doubt that Sheridan has any other fish, than the stocked trout. But anything is possible.

A
AustenW
troutdude said:
You're welcome. Huddleston is an old mill pond which likely got it's water from the Yamhill River flowing by. So it likely has bass too (in addition to cats). I kinda doubt that Sheridan has any other fish, than the stocked trout. But anything is possible.
Yep. And as far as I know Sheridan does only have the trout. Unless someone else has been transporting illegal fish into it lol

• Wow
Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
AustenW said:
Yep. And as far as I know Sheridan does only have the trout. Unless someone else has been transporting illegal fish into it lol
Let's hope that ain't happening eh?!

• Haha
Reactions: AustenW
A
AustenW
troutdude said:
Let's hope that ain't happening eh?!
No doubt haha