Long overdue

J
jkyser01
Been fishing the Wilson hard over the last four year, even got the wife addicted. Been two years since my last catch, wife still without one. My dad booked a guided drift boat trip on the Wilson for today a while ago and was super excited to go. Try and see what I'm doing wrong:).
Wife asked me to take her out to the Wilson for V-day ( how cool is that!) so I got one more day to get one before the trip...but we got nothin!
Holding out hope that a guide could finally rid of my skunk I went into this morning with possible mojo. About a half hour into the trip my bobber goes down and holy cow, there are fish in this river!! After a heck of a fight I finally got it in the boat! Best thing you can do with cloths on he said:)
Great day and can't wait to get back out on the river and take all the info from him and this forum and post more nice pics:)
Well once I can figure out how to post pics,haha!

T
troutmasta
Nice Job!
Would love to see some pics. Click "reply" then the little picture of the tree above the text box. Then click "upload" pictures.

Way to stay at it!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent, congrats.

my2labs
my2labs
Congrats. Good job sticking with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
montym
Congratulations. Mind giving us some tips on how you got the wife addicted to this? You may have a million dollar idea there my friend.

Cheers
M

my2labs
my2labs
montym said:
Congratulations. Mind giving us some tips on how you got the wife addicted to this? You may have a million dollar idea there my friend.

Cheers
M

1. Pick beautiful sunny days when fish are in and provide her with quality clothing, including gloves. Go real slow and make it about the time together, not the fishing war.
2. Start her with float fishing using bait in long slow straight runs.
3. Tell her to let you know way ahead of time when she's ready to leave and leave when she's good.
4. Put her on a fish.

My wife goes with me about 50-60% of the time since last November. It awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J
jkyser01
image.jpg
Think I did it!! Couldn't do it from the Moblie site.

As far as the wife goes, yeah pretty cool to get to go fishing on V-day.
We both got are first salmon this year. I got mine early and we stayed through nasty rain and wind cause she wasn't leaving till it was dark or she got one. Close to dark but she got it:) Been hooked ever since. Can't wait till she lands her first steelie.

Reactions: eugene1
E
eugene1
Sweet chromer, jky!

Congrats!

M
montym
Nice fish. My wife loves fish, but she prefers that I go out and get them when the weather is not brilliant. To be honest she got me addicted, but she didn't get the bug as bad as I did. I took her out fishing on my birthday last year, we got clobbered by a hailstorm at Hagg Lake...Now I let her decide when she wants to go fishing....

Cheers
M

T
troutmasta
That thure is a chrome-uh'! Well dun!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Shiny!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
That is a bright fish!

C