Late summer rain

F
FG_Fishing8
Should I think anything of this recent rainy weather? Does it mean anything importany?

D
DYJ
Yes, it means the yard is to wet to mow. So go fishing.

T
TimberTodd
dyj said:
yes, it means the yard is to wet to mow. So go fishing.

lol

D
DrTheopolis
My <$0.02...

Looking at the gauges, it's not a significant influx of water to the streams.

That said, I'm pretty darn certain it won't hurt one tiny bit. "Sweetens" the water, adds a smidgen of color (or more than there was at least), and throws some terrestials (land-based food) into the water.

The water won't be teeming with fall chinook, but any amount helps. Might have stirred the summers up just a tad.

Why don't you go see for yourself?

T
troutmasta
It usually means that there is an atmospheric condensing of moisture resulting in the precipitaion of water molucules under the influence of gravity leading to aerial hydration.

You wrote this under the wilson river thread...........I check the wilson levels everyday right now especially in the rain. As the doc said, not much to write home about. Went from 3.33-3.9 or something. I know what my magic level is and I'm not tel-5ft-ling any one!

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=pqr&gage=tlmo3
check it, watch the rivers, learn to gauge other rivers by ones that have a forecast online, go get some

tight lines
TM

Last edited:
R
_RJ_
Even though it poured on me most of the day yesterday. I had a good time out there and the fish were on a feeding frenzy. Water was still warm enough to wet wade all day in. As I posted in another thread, I'm ready for winter!

F
FG_Fishing8
Thanks for the heads up!