Lady Luck

J
jawjacker
My wife has been wanting 2 go fishing ever since I took her salmon fishing last fall & she broke off a chrome beast after a 20min. battle. Since then she hasn't been able to go with me for one reason or another but yesterday was a different story. We decided to squeeze a day of fishing in on a trip to the coast to visit family & friends. After participating in Hawg Callers epic day of bass fishing I anxiously waited for my wife to get off work so we could hit the road. Things always seem to take longer when you got a two year old tagging along but we finally hit the road late & got to my inlaws at 1a.m. Just in time to take a two hour nap before we ditched the kid at grandma's & headed up river. We didn't sleep very well but it didn't matter we were fired up & ready to go. The morning started out slow and was a little chilly but as it started to warm up so did the fishing and my wife was the first to connect with a chrome domer. Unfortunately she lost it but what she gained was confidence in what she was doing. Soon enough she had another one on and this time she landed a nice lil native buck that we took a quick pic with. By this time I just felt relived cause all that really matterd to me that day was my wife catching a fish. My budy & I were not so lucky and were having a heck of a time hooking fish and keeping them on longer than two head shakes. Mean while my wifes screaming I think I got another one. This time it was a tail dancin chromer that she wound up bonking & got another nate after that. I managed to scrounge up a fish towards the end of the day on a gold cleo & my budy lost a fish of a life time that I don't want to talk too much about. I don't know who was more sick about it me or him. Actually come to think about it definetly him. lol! leaving my wife at home next trip.

• IMG_0368.jpg
  • IMG_0373.jpg
  • IMG_0376.jpg
Last edited:
S
salmon_slayer87
Damn. That's awesome man. My wife would never get that involved with fishing. Lol. I completely agree with the 2 year old kid thing. Great job...you may have just started something...now you better take her every time...or you may never catch another. Lol.
Dale

E
eugene1
Great story and pics! Glad you got her into the fish. If I were you, I'd bring the lady fishing more...

Nice looking river too!

S
Santiam338
Lady luck has indeed smiled upon you..

Congrats..

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great job! But, leaving her at home may leave you out in the cold...just sayin'...:D

J
jabs67
Nice steel!!!!!

F
FishFiddle
Raincatcher said:
Great job! But, leaving her at home may leave you out in the cold...just sayin'...:D

Ha! Thats a good one! Great pictures too....

F
Finneus Polebender
Looks like a great trip ,she looks a bit too happy to be left behind much now nice fish!

S
steelie_killa
I'm gonna b heading out to the coast this weekend, any advice on where to go to break this dry spell I've been having. Oh I'm gonna b in the Tillamook area....I've tried the trask, wilson...etc no luck. Any advice is greatful.

J
jawjacker
I know I made it out to sound like I was leaving my wife at home because she smoked my friend & I at our own game. lol! That actually wasn't the case. I wound up being able to sneak out this morning as long as I was back by 2p.m. in order to head back home at a decent hour. She would have loved to go but chose to hang out with some of her friends that she doesn't get to see very often. We wound up freezing are britches off for 7 fish but never got into the 1. No pics sorry you just gotta take my word for it. It was way too cold to be getting in the water handling fish & making a big production out of everything. We had a limited window of opportunity and work to be done. Now she wants a big ol bass so that's going to be next on the agenda.

A
alm21
Nice fish. That wild fish looks like it did its business and is heading down river.

J
jawjacker
Nice fish. That wild fish looks like it did its business and is heading down river.
lol! he definitely looks like he has been up to something lately. If it wasn't her first steelhead I wouldn't of even touched the thing.