Jointed flies

S
skunk
Tied up a bunch of articulated rabbit hair flies this week. Going to try swing them with the two hander. Anyone have success with such flies? Basically they are leech patterns but with tons of movement.

A
alseaalumaweld
sounds intresting would u post a pic of one or send em a pm

S
skunk
I'll work on the pic. Post sent also.

A
alseaalumaweld
wheres the pics

S
skunk
Forgot, I'll get to it. Too much fishing and not enough sitting.

M
markasd
So how you like? How you tie em? Favorite all time bug for me is the MOAL. I prefer to tie em without the hide, form a dubbing loop and just use rabbit or arctic fox - you'll dig the action. As a matter of fact, if your in or around Keizer I'll give ya some of mine for R&D!

S
skunk
I love it, its basically a moal style, but I always change patterns up to do what I want them to. Took it to the clack and swung it for awhile and it works great without fish on. I got a nasty squaw fish so I'm thinking it'll take steel. The action is unbelievable and can make it any length desireable.

M
markasd
For me this is my favorite to tie as of yet... I haven't tied all that many types of flies, but the MOAL is fun to tie. Each fly takes me about 45 minutes. Some quite a bit longer. The action is like no other articulated leech, so free flowing. Now if I could fish em as much as I tie em I'd be in great shape!!

S
skunk
Here they are.
Flies002.jpg