Is this right?

J
jimmy
went camping up in welches over the weekend and woke up in the morning to find this walking through camp.

000012salmonfly_zpsd28b223d.jpg

troutdude
troutdude
When did your tea bags learn to walk?

S
Spydeyrch
Looks like you got yourself a nice looking stone fly there man. :)

Hope he wasn't getting into your tea!

-Spydey

J
jimmy
Spydeyrch said:
Looks like you got yourself a nice looking stone fly there man. :)

-Spydey

right. but, on the west side of the cascades foothills, on may 4th, next to a 45 degree stream?

it was quite windy.

Reactions: eggs
E
eggs
Hitch hiker?

Irishrover
Irishrover
A salmonfly on the Salmon River????

O
OnTheFly
I bet it was blown over. There was so much wind at the Deschute over the weekend, that the Salmon flies must have gotten caught up in it and ended up miles away. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few in Walla Walla.:shock:

J
jimmy
eggs said:
Hitch hiker?
my first thought... but, I came in from the west, wasn't in a campground and saw no signs of recent people activity anywhere around where I was.

OnTheFly said:
I bet it was blown over. There was so much wind at the Deschute over the weekend, that the Salmon flies must have gotten caught up in it and ended up miles away. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few in Walla Walla.:shock:

ya know, that's what I was thinking also. Seems almost too amazing though. Blown all the way over the south side of Hood and dropped right next to me in the middle of the woods.....

S
Spydeyrch
jimmy said:
ya know, that's what I was thinking also. Seems almost too amazing though. Blown all the way over the south side of Hood and dropped right next to me in the middle of the woods.....

Maybe the universe sent it to you as a sign! "Jimmy ..... use a salmon fly ...... I have sent you one form far far away lands of the great river Deschutes ..... Use a salmon fly jimmy .... use it ......"

:lol:

-Spydey

E
eggs
Jimmy!!! It was your calling to get to Mecca! ASAP!

J
jimmy
eggs said:
Jimmy!!! It was your calling to get to Mecca! ASAP!

you might be on to something here......

"The weather has been beautiful in Maupin lately with highs just under 90 which has stirred the stoneflies from hibernation. That’s right the big bugs are here and the fish are chowing down and there is literally nobody, other than our guide staff, fishing right now. Nothing like fishing to eager trout feeding on big bugs with no pressure on the river. If you have sick days now is the time to cash them in and get out here before the bulk of anglers show up.

The weekend is looking prime with highs in the 90s and overcast skes with a chance of rain which is about as good as the weather can get for stonefly season.

That is all from Maupin and I cannot overemphasize getting your ass out here ASAP.

Tight Lines,

Deschutes Angler Staff "

hmmmm sounds like an early hatch.......

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane