I think I might have gotten lucky

M
minnowmagnet
Because nobody else seemed like they were catching any.
I got my keeper for 2013 off of Sauvie's Island after fishing for 20 minutes. I kind of wished that it took longer. I launched my kayak at Kelly Point and the water was only 38 degrees.

• DSCN0112.jpg
  • DSCN0114.jpg
T
TJR_84
Nice fish!!!Thanks for the post and pictures!!!

C
cddunn
Nothing wrong with getting lucky. :)

E
eugene1
Nice sturg,

B
billfisher
Nice dino. I like your Native Watercraft, mine's red.

S
Scott M
Congrats on the keeper! Mmmmm Sturg steaks....Mmmmmmm!! :D

D
dtikey
awsome now its all fun and c&r which is still just as fun but dont taste as good...great fish man

bass
bass
Great job MM. While there may have been a little luck involved I know how hard you work when you are sturgeon fishing! There was plenty of skill and effort to go with that luck!

S
Socaaron
Nice Job! How do you feel about filling it so early? Sad that you know you may keep any future bigger one's or just happy knowing that no matter what when you go fishing later it's just for the fun? I went out with my buddy on thursday out by St Helens, tried the end of Sand island and a few spots further up, by the light house. No real action so we moved over to the channel for C&R and started to get into them. It was fun even if we couldn't keep em. Beat the rain too!

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish man! You guys are crazy fishing out of those kyaks. Deffinantly a different breed of fisherman. I haven't sturgeon fished so don't know the regs but i know they keep getting tighter. Are you only alowed 1 keeper these days?

M
minnowmagnet
thanks everybody for the congrats.
I actually feel pretty good about filling my tag early. Catching and releasing them is usually just fine with me. My girlfriend's parents love sturgeon, so it was nice to make them happy.

M
minnowmagnet
How is your ultimate rigged up for fishing

How is your ultimate rigged up for fishing

billfisher said:
Nice dino. I like your Native Watercraft, mine's red.
I am interested in how you have your Ultimate rigged up. Maybe you have a photo or two.

B
billfisher
Havent done anything to it. I have only used it on small lakes for bass so far. oh! and a chinook on the alsea.

bass
bass
minnowmagnet said:
I am interested in how you have your Ultimate rigged up. Maybe you have a photo or two.

Hey MM, that sturgeon makes a nice hood ornament :)

Last edited:
M
Marvin's Guide Service
Great job Brian!

B
Big3d
Beyond Beautiful, you kayak fishermen are a special breed, just stay safe on those things, Thuggin, i don'y think anyone officially answered you, bag limit is 1 this year with c&r only on the willy, unless that changed at the meeting they had at the end of jan. Off to catch my own dino, tight lines everybody