Heading out Saturday

A
AK Assassin
Who has been out here lately? Taking some students out fishing in the afternoon. The weather may not be the best, but hoping to get into some fish. I'll be throwing some flys; leeches, buggers, nymphs, soft hackles. The students will be spin fishing lures and baits. I know that three of the ponds were stocked last month and should still have some trout. What do you guys think?

O
orkfest
Pond 3 and 6 are the two with brooders stocked. Pond 3 is pretty small and shallow so realize that. This time of year you have to park out near the entrance, but it isn't that far to walk to any of the ponds.

A
AK Assassin
Thank you sir. I fished the ponds last month, when the gate was still open. I'll have to bring some rubber boots to stomp around in. Hopefully I'll have some pics to share.

T
troutmasta
I know they just stocked Walter Wirth Lake in Salem with some brooders as well.

A
AK Assassin
Took four students from the Chemawa Indian School out and we ended up fishing for a couple of hours from around 2-4pm. We caught 2 trout, 1 bluegill, and 1 catfish. Boys had fun, and are always looking forward to future fishing adventures (especially being off campus)!