Head waters of the Mac.!

EOBOY
EOBOY
I was watching the news and saw this about the Blue Pool. I've never heard of it. Jumped up and took some pictures with my cell. Looks like something I want to see. I haven't googled it so don't know if it will show up. Has anyone been there?

EOBOY

• Bluepool2.jpg
  • bluepool1.jpg
  • Bluepool.jpg
P
playhooky
WOW....That waters the same color as the water off Baja California Sur when you tack OFF Cabo San Lucas. DEEP BLUE !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R
rippin fish lips
One word. GO!!!! JUST DO IT. you wont be disapointed.

hobster
hobster
rippin fish lips said:
One word. GO!!!! JUST DO IT. you wont be disapointed.

YES! That place is magical, been there many times. Even took a jump in it with my son.............that water is COLD! The Mac goes underground for a while and it comes out at the Tamolitch or "blue pool" where the water is freezing and the color is unreal from lava filtration. . There is a small 2 mile hike to get in off 126 behind a power station south of clear lake, the hike in is almost a gorgeous as the pool. Pictures don't do it justice, you gotta see it in person. Just google Tamolitch pool and you'll get plenty of info.....remember...... take nothing but memories and leave nothing but footprints :thumb:

S
Steelheader4Life
That's funny you posted this because I just watched a video of some guys jumping off a massive cliff into one of these blue pools on the Mac!

C_Run
C_Run
Maybe skip the jumping in part. I hiked in with my wife last year and met a group of college kids from UO heading in as we were leaving. We watched the news that night and one of them was killed diving in the pool shortly after we had seen them. So sad.

hobster
hobster
C_Run said:
Maybe skip the jumping in part. I hiked in with my wife last year and met a group of college kids from UO heading in as we were leaving. We watched the news that night and one of them was killed diving in the pool shortly after we had seen them. So sad.

Yeah, i remember that, very sad. They jumped in from the top (not recommended), we hiked down and jumped in from water level. It's in the middle of nowhere, not a good place to get in trouble.

S
Steelheader4Life
C_Run said:

That's horrible! I don't jump off or dive into any water at all. I guess seeing my friend get paralyzed from jumping into a river when I was about 10 has something to do with it.