Guide service

brandon4455
brandon4455
eat said:
You don't need to be a 10%er, as far as numbers go, but you do need to be able to get into a few every single day.

Just market yourself to the East Coast guys, and all you'll have to do is catch a 12 inch rainbow to make them very happy.
for trout thats no problem for me, especially on a smaller walk in stream. there are 2 streams i fished last season and didn't get skunked on either of them, i will admit i still need practice, you can never be done learning. but im well on my way!

W
waco
eat said:
You don't need to be a 10%er, as far as numbers go, but you do need to be able to get into a few every single.

So getting into a few every single day is not a 10%er? How many fish the 10%er get everyday?

brandon4455
brandon4455
jeez man calm down... dont get yer panties in a knot.

V
Van
Brandon, if i was in your shoes, your age and looking to get into the trade i would...

-start calling guides looking for a very low paid or volunteer assistant. Someone who will do the camp work. Cook, clean, set up, etc in exchange for learning the guiding ropes
-learn to row a drift boat and cataraft. There are classes
-learn as much as you can about all the different fisheries in the NW.
-try to get on with a fly shop or outdoor outfitter like Wholesale sports. Be persistent and thorough.

You can do it, but you are gonna need money. Need to get a job of some kind so you can start.

W
waco
brandon4455 said:
jeez man calm down... dont get yer panties in a knot.

Who are you talking to??

brandon4455
brandon4455
you. almost looks as if you were trying to start a little debate/argument with steven.. if you guys want to discuss the 10%er thing please do it in private, but i may have taken your post the wrong way,hard to tell emotions through text. if thats the case i apologize. van, thanks for the tips im going to be looking around...if anyone can try getting my name around that would be cool! :)

Last edited:
W
waco
waco said:
So getting into a few every single day is not a 10%er? How many fish the 10%er get everyday?

If you see my post it's clearly just a question!! I just wanted to know because I don't know that! this is something I always wanted to know!