Greenling

B
bythesea
gmcnair said:
bythesea said:
ya,just like that. though I usually only use a couple heavy splitshots crimpt right on the bottom.they get my shrimp down and will slide off if I get snagged.[/QUOTE)

So the big split shot slide off the line when snagged and you get your hooks back? You have to cast into the rocks where the snags are......right? Do you hooks get snagged often? Why is the slack tide the best? The fish are more concentrated and like to run around with no current?

your still going to get snags,but for me I'd say it cut mine down 70% only time I use more weight is when the water is moving real fast.1hr before to 1hr after high "may" be the best,but I think as long as that tide is coming in the bait fish are coming too and it's good fish'en.

Last edited:
B
BlackBass
At night is the best time to catch black bass :) We use a light that floats on the water connected to a battery. Fishing is lights out. Try the last 1.5 hours of hi tide into hi slack and the first hour of the outgoing tide. Can be easy 100 fish nights.

B
bythesea
BlackBass said:
At night is the best time to catch black bass :) We use a light that floats on the water connected to a battery. Fishing is lights out. Try the last 1.5 hours of hi tide into hi slack and the first hour of the outgoing tide. Can be easy 100 fish nights.

that's cool :cool: cause I've never tried it.I here a lot about it and I love sea bass.my best is 19" off the florence jetty I need to get a jetty partner so I can get out here at night.I've only been here two years..........anybody ?????

Last edited:
C
CoastieFlo
Id be in for that, when the weather improves a bit lol

B
bythesea
CoastieFlo said:
Id be in for that, when the weather improves a bit lol

we'll hook-up when the weather warms up and the sea's calm down.I was over looking at your boat before you sold:(it.

C
CoastieFlo
yeah was that some relative of yours that ended up buying it??

W
waco
Couple weeks ago went to do some ocean fishing for the first time in my life, but I have to said that I went with my friend and he knows what to do, but to be honest I doesn't look too complicated!! My buddy got like 7 fish greenling and perch. I didn't get a lot but I missed some!!
Here is what I brought home!
IMG553.jpg
By the way we got our own sandshrimp from the beach!! It was fun all new to me!

C
CoastieFlo
Those striped perch are always so pretty when you first catch them. Thats a monster one also, assuming the greenling is the minimum legal 10 inches...?

W
waco
Yeah thats what a lots of people said! That perch is big!! The greenling was a little bigger than 11!! But I definitely liked the greenling better!! it was very tasty!

B
bythesea
looks like a little ling....You say you pumped the shrimp right off the beach you were fishing on?????????

C
CoastieFlo
nope thats a greenling, little mouth gives it away. With a ling, the corner of the mouth is past the eyeball.

W
waco
bythesea said:
looks like a little ling....You say you pumped the shrimp right off the beach you were fishing on?????????
no I got the sandshrimp from the beach and the fish from a jetty!