Lakes Green Peter Reservoir Fishing Reports

M
michigan_transplant
what were you using??

C
capblack
red and pink wedding rings behind dodgers, and lake trolls with 1oz banana weight in the morning 30 pulls. changed color to greens, and oranges with 40 pulls in the afternoon. tipped with corn and worm, Brian

H
Hawk
GREAT Job Bro.

Those are Reel Beauties...

:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool::cool:

T
TTFishon
Those look like some fatties. Thanks for the report.

troutdude
troutdude
One of 'em looks like a HOG! Very nice.

C
capblack
the kokes are running 12 to 15 inches it seems, real good for a res with that large of a population. Brian

T
Throbbit _Shane
Those are some nice kokes!!!! :D

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice kokes. thanks for the techniques too.

troutdude
troutdude
capblack said:
the kokes are running 12 to 15 inches it seems, real good for a res with that large of a population. Brian

Yeah, those are bigguns for GP alright. They're usually smaller.

R
Ray
Dumb request but would you take a pic of the way your trolling rig and weight were hooked up/ I want to see how to do it if possible.

C
Charlie_merrifi
Got on the water about 8 am imideiatley boater two fish. Then about a half hour later two more. After that lost probably ten at the boat. They were all in the top 20 feet. All though the fish finder was showing 95% at 50 + feet. Water was 57 degrees.

C
capblack
this is how ive been rigging them, and its been working for me. if you use a troll, just put it where the dodger is, rudder first, and then theres 12 to 24 inches of leader to my spinner, when i use a snubber it goes between the troll and lure. just mix it up a bit until you find what they want. I have also had luck without the dodger or troll, I like to use the least amount of gear as possible, and i stick to smaller lake trolls when im using them. also check out the uv dodgers they have now. good luck, Brian

R
Ray
Thanks cap, like I mentioned in previous posts I am kinda new to trolling. I was using egg sinkers just ahead of the swivel. will have to try the banana things. Hooking them buggers is another matter. I seem to loose more fish at the bite then anything.

R
Ray
Thanks for the report, I am headed up there in the morning to give it a go. One of the advantages to living 10 minutes from the lake:D

troutdude
troutdude
capblack said:
this is how ive been rigging them, and its been working for me. if you use a troll, just put it where the dodger is, rudder first, and then theres 12 to 24 inches of leader to my spinner, when i use a snubber it goes between the troll and lure. just mix it up a bit until you find what they want. I have also had luck without the dodger or troll, I like to use the least amount of gear as possible, and i stick to smaller lake trolls when im using them. also check out the uv dodgers they have now. good luck, Brian

Just wondering...

wouldn't using a dodger effect the way that a trailing lure works? (spinner or spoon)

troutdude
troutdude
Ray said:
Thanks cap, like I mentioned in previous posts I am kinda new to trolling. I was using egg sinkers just ahead of the swivel. will have to try the banana things. Hooking them buggers is another matter. I seem to loose more fish at the bite then anything.

I lose a lot of trout when using snubbers. But, I lose a lot of kokes when I don't use snubbers. Catch 22. DOH!

Cap, how do you work around that issue?

M
mosd
thanks for the info, ill be going there on sunday early in the am. what did you catch em on? uv dodger/pink squid combo? bout how heavy of banana weight where you using?

C
Charlie_merrifi
I was using ford fender and green/black wedding ring. I use lead line I was down 25 feet

C
capblack
how do you guage your depth?

C
capblack
we actually catch more kokes without the snubbers, i think it depends on wether your setting the hook, or trying to let the fish set it. If your going to set it, better use a snubber.
troutdude said:
I lose a lot of trout when using snubbers. But, I lose a lot of kokes when I don't use snubbers. Catch 22. DOH!

Cap, how do you work around that issue?

Top Bottom