Green Peter bank fishing

K
Keeponfishin
Can you fish from the bank at green peter?

T
the_intimidator03
Sure you can... Nothing to stop you. However as for productive area's and tactics I cannot help, There are other folks who are more familiar with GP that can help you.

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
if you go to the far end of green peter there is a little bridge up there that people jig for kokanee from. i have fished there a few times and have done fairly well every time. you can also get into some nice size largy's there.

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
S
Sage_Flyguy
I will try and be as short winded yet infromative as possible.
Here Goes.

The first place to Bank fish that you would come to is the Dam. Just travel across the dam there will be a parking lot on your left and a big Grass knob to fish from. Standing on that Knob if you were to face toward the dam SW or more toward the main part of the resevoir W - NW just tossing in some powerbait / worms etc should produce some nice little rainbows for you. Maybe even some spinning lures as well who knows. Now if you were to move more E - NE basically directly behind you , there at one time was a pretty rough makeshift boat launch and when I say Boat launch I am saying that loosely. there is a bit of a cove and even towards the main part of the lake from that cove is not very deep and I have saw Largemouth Bass caught and swimming around. So keep that in mind also depending on what you are targeting this trip of yours.

That bridge Hunts and Fishes is speaking of , my friends and I have respectively named Social Security. There was a time when the only folks you ever saw up there fishing were clearly retired. Tat bridge is well before " The Far End " its more about halfway between the dam and Rockytop ( the true far end of te resevoir ) This social security bridge that people Jig from is maybe 4 miles or so from the Dam you can't miss it , it sits basically right after a corner where there is a parkinglot and a porta potty on your right. This bridge produces very well for the Kokanee fisherman , whatever the name of that creek that flows under that bridge is , at the right time of the year if you had a boat and traveled up it to the headwater you would see Bright Orange Kokanee by the thousands spawning up there.

At each of the boat launches Thistle Creek and Whitcomb Creek , you can find trail to the water that are more adjacent to the docks as to not be standing right out on the docks trying to fish. I do not know much about these areas on whether or not they produce or what species are swimming around them , I have never fished at either of these launches myself nor do I know anyone who has. More often than not though when I have launched a boat from there I have witnessed people giving a go at it.

I apologize , apparently I like to make empty promises of short windedness.

Now after you pass the last boat launch ( I want to say Whitcomb Creek ) There are not many areas to get down to the water for several miles. Steep rocky bank and a long ways from the water to boot. When you get to the last real bridge on the resevoir Rockytop just before the bridge on the left hand side of the road is a large gravel parkinglot and from what I remember there is a little slough right there that I have saw Bass pulled out of as well.

Anything above Rockytop is technically not Green Peter but Qwartzville Creek. All along this little creek there is tons of bank accessible fishing , while the creek is still really wide from the bridge up about 1/4 - 1/2 mile or so you can target Bass , or rainbows in that slow moving water... Lots of submerged stumps out there the Bass love it. and then when it starts looking more and more like a river or creek for miles you will find an abundance of bank fishing opportunities and decent little stocker rainbows and cutthroat. Oh yeah and gold , I have yet to figure out what the gold is biting on , but its in there.

Hope this was helpful for more than just a good sleep aid and good luck out there.

Jer

Reactions: mahmichael and eugene1
K
Keeponfishin
Thank you so much!